Problem( Bsod )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I am experiencing some problems with my computer from a few days ago. So here is what had happened. I installed watchmen the end is nigh and played it. After that I turned off my PC and powered it up again the next day. I was experiencing a black screen at the startup where there was only my mouse pointer. When I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, the task manager came up only with a few number of processes running. So I restarted and the problem was solved. But the next day the same happened. So I uninstalled watchmen and it was gone for good.

But then after a few days ago I experienced the BSOD. now, I know that bsod occurs if there is a software or hardware conflict. Recently I had installed Bulletstorm.

I want a fix for this. BSOD occured twice. Please help.

Solution
Do the bsod's happen randomly or just when gaming?
Most likely a gpu driver issue or a bad memory stick.
Download Memtest86+ iso and burn to disc.
Boot from the disc.
Test each stick of ram seperately.
If no errors are found update or reload your gpu drivers.
Do the bsod's happen randomly or just when gaming?
Most likely a gpu driver issue or a bad memory stick.
Download Memtest86+ iso and burn to disc.
Boot from the disc.
Test each stick of ram seperately.
If no errors are found update or reload your gpu drivers.

Solution
It happened randomly. Bsod ddidn't appear for the last 24 hours, so I guesss its okay now. Still , I can't be sure. I will check what you told me to do. I had bsods before, because of my second DDR2 stick. It was sent for repair and my PC was formatted. But now, it came back again, and I was worried. So I uninstalled almost all the software including games which I mentioned and the bsod doesn't appear anymore.

Just for an info, I only have 2 GB RAM ( one DDR2 mmory stick )

It is not a general discussion. It is a question and answer kind of form. I don't know where else to post.

Windows 7-
General Discussion/Configuration & Customization/Drivers/Security ?

Update: the bsod happened again. I updated my graphics drivers and played for a while. Then shut it down, went back to it again, did some tinkering with the nvidia control panel, was about to play brotherhood, then bsod happened. So I restored all the tweaks I made in the control panel, then its okay.

Ok, here is a list of the bsod's that happened to me.

bsods.png

The zudurmav1.sys is a virus I think because it has no path file, no manufacturer name, nothing ! But after installing norton 2011, the problem seemed to be over as it was caught. The latest bsod was caused by the one at the first among the list.

So if anyone knows how to fix the 'tcpip.sys' problem, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.