UPDATE KB891711 & DR WATSON

"When I run Dr Watson it tells me "Windows KB891711 component has altered
windows system files" Does this mean there is a problem or doesn't it
matter.
Thanks.
--
margiegirl
4 answers Last reply

    It doesn't. It's a patch that is intended to do that.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "margie" <margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > "When I run Dr Watson it tells me "Windows KB891711 component has altered
    > windows system files" Does this mean there is a problem or doesn't it
    > matter.
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > margiegirl

    Many thanks for this answer Gary.
    --
    margiegirl

    "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

    > It doesn't. It's a patch that is intended to do that.
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS-MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "margie" <margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > "When I run Dr Watson it tells me "Windows KB891711 component has altered
    > > windows system files" Does this mean there is a problem or doesn't it
    > > matter.
    > > Thanks.
    > > --
    > > margiegirl

    Gary,

    PMJI

    Is KB8971711 (in its current state) absolutely safe for Win'98SE?

    TIA, Eugene
    > It doesn't. It's a patch that is intended to do that.
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS-MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "margie" <margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > "When I run Dr Watson it tells me "Windows KB891711 component has
    altered
    > > windows system files" Does this mean there is a problem or doesn't it
    > > matter.
    > > Thanks.
    > > --
    > > margiegirl

    As far as I know, it's no problem.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Eugene Fridman" <fridman@compuserve.com> wrote in message
    > Gary,
    >
    > PMJI
    >
    > Is KB8971711 (in its current state) absolutely safe for Win'98SE?
    >
    > TIA, Eugene
    >> It doesn't. It's a patch that is intended to do that.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gary S. Terhune
    >> MS-MVP Shell/User
    >>
    >> "margie" <margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > "When I run Dr Watson it tells me "Windows KB891711 component has
    > altered
    >> > windows system files" Does this mean there is a problem or doesn't it
    >> > matter.
    >> > Thanks.
    >> > --
    >> > margiegirl