UPDATE KB891711 & DR WATSON

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
September 16, 2005 10:52:02 PM

"When I run Dr Watson it tells me "Windows KB891711 component has altered
windows system files" Does this mean there is a problem or doesn't it
matter.
Thanks.
--
margiegirl

More about : update kb891711 watson

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 11:06:39 PM

It doesn't. It's a patch that is intended to do that.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

"margie" <margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "When I run Dr Watson it tells me "Windows KB891711 component has altered
> windows system files" Does this mean there is a problem or doesn't it
> matter.
> Thanks.
> --
> margiegirl
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 2:24:09 AM

Many thanks for this answer Gary.
--
margiegirl

"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

> It doesn't. It's a patch that is intended to do that.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS-MVP Shell/User
>
> "margie" <margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "When I run Dr Watson it tells me "Windows KB891711 component has altered
> > windows system files" Does this mean there is a problem or doesn't it
> > matter.
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > margiegirl

September 18, 2005 12:36:36 AM

Gary,

PMJI

Is KB8971711 (in its current state) absolutely safe for Win'98SE?

TIA, Eugene
> It doesn't. It's a patch that is intended to do that.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS-MVP Shell/User
>
> "margie" <margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "When I run Dr Watson it tells me "Windows KB891711 component has
altered
> > windows system files" Does this mean there is a problem or doesn't it
> > matter.
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > margiegirl