Intel dial up modem DM1724T-11VC-B, W237QG01-1064DE 0237

Tim

Trying to install the Intel modem which have the following
markings:- DM1724T-11VC-B, W237QG01-1064DE 0237
and using Eversest, it says AMBIENT Creatix V.90 HaMData/Fax/Voice modem.
Downlaod from
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=79407

and when I try to extract it, it says "there is an error occurred during the
internal zip process. Correct the error and try again". I try many tinmes but
to no avail as I dont know how to correct the error.

i also try to download and extract it in another pc and try to copy over the
extrscted file by means of the floppy disc. When I try to copy the file
"Intels11 (one with what looks like notepad logo) from the floppy disc into
the "modem pc", it give me an error copying file "cannot copy Intels11: The
system cannot read from the specified device".

The floppy disc was formatted using the "modem pc" and I was able to copy
the first 3 files namely Intell-aM.wwh, Intelmd, Intels11 (one with logo).

Can someone assist as I need to get this going. The modem was in working
condition and only thing change was the OS from w98 to w98se, cleaan
installation. Thanks.

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 22:55:01 -0700, tim
<tim@discussions.microsoft.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:

>Trying to install the Intel modem which have the following
>markings:- DM1724T-11VC-B, W237QG01-1064DE 0237
>and using Eversest, it says AMBIENT Creatix V.90 HaMData/Fax/Voice modem.

It looks like an Intel HaM controllerless (host accelerated) modem.
Intel bought the business from Ambient who in turn bought it from
Cirrus Logic.

Anyway, Intel maintains generic drivers at their support site:
http://www.intel.com/design/modems/support/drivers.htm

The MD1724 chip is the "Analog Front End (AFE)", while the other big
chip probably incorporates the modem's DSP (digital signal processor).
Unfortunately I was unable to match this combination with anything on
Intel's site. You might need to experiment with various drivers. When
selecting possible drivers, avoid those which are for controller based
chipsets, eg do not use MD566x "drivers".

IMO the best site for setting up and troubleshooting modems is ...
http://www.modemsite.com/56k/trouble.asp

Identifying Your Chipset:
http://www.modemsite.com/56k/chipset.asp

Who Manufactured My Modem?
http://www.modemsite.com/56k/whomadeit.asp

Modem Drivers:
http://www.modemsite.com/56k/drivers.asp

-- Franc Zabkar

Tim

Many thanks and I managed to get it going by downloading from
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=1057&OSFullName=Windows*+98&lang=eng&strOSs=17&submit=Go%21
ver 4.47.2

Unfortuanately I encounter another problem, my Media Player 9 does not work.
It gives an error id:- 0xc00D11BA condition ID 0x00000000
The mobo details 04/22/98-i440LX-W977-ATC-5130C-00

ATC-6130 VER:1.0 06 GS

can you please assist, thanks

"Franc Zabkar" wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 22:55:01 -0700, tim
> <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:
>
> >Trying to install the Intel modem which have the following
> >markings:- DM1724T-11VC-B, W237QG01-1064DE 0237
> >and using Eversest, it says AMBIENT Creatix V.90 HaMData/Fax/Voice modem.
>
> It looks like an Intel HaM controllerless (host accelerated) modem.
> Intel bought the business from Ambient who in turn bought it from
> Cirrus Logic.
>
> Anyway, Intel maintains generic drivers at their support site:
> http://www.intel.com/design/modems/support/drivers.htm
>
> The MD1724 chip is the "Analog Front End (AFE)", while the other big
> chip probably incorporates the modem's DSP (digital signal processor).
> Unfortunately I was unable to match this combination with anything on
> Intel's site. You might need to experiment with various drivers. When
> selecting possible drivers, avoid those which are for controller based
> chipsets, eg do not use MD566x "drivers".
>
> IMO the best site for setting up and troubleshooting modems is ...
> http://www.modemsite.com/56k/trouble.asp
>
> Identifying Your Chipset:
> http://www.modemsite.com/56k/chipset.asp
>
> Who Manufactured My Modem?
> http://www.modemsite.com/56k/whomadeit.asp
>
> Modem Drivers:
> http://www.modemsite.com/56k/drivers.asp
>
> -- Franc Zabkar
>
> Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:57:02 -0700, tim
<tim@discussions.microsoft.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:

>Many thanks and I managed to get it going by downloading from
>http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=1057&OSFullName=Windows*+98&lang=eng&strOSs=17&submit=Go%21
> ver 4.47.2
>
>Unfortuanately I encounter another problem, my Media Player 9 does not work.
>It gives an error id:- 0xc00D11BA condition ID 0x00000000
>The mobo details 04/22/98-i440LX-W977-ATC-5130C-00
>
>ATC-6130 VER:1.0 06 GS
>
>can you please assist, thanks

I have no idea why your modem should cause issues with Media Player
unless it has something to do with the "voice" part of it. Maybe you
should try the drivers on the Creatix website.

This document identifies your particular modem:

http://www.creatix.de/support/download/gruppe1/MP_GB.doc

Once you have the model number you can look for an appropriate driver
here:

http://www.creatix.com/support/frames.html

The site seems to be short on Win9x drivers, though.

FWIW, the "0237" marked on the big chip may be a YYWW date code, ie
week 37 of 2002.

Does the modem have an FCC ID printed on the card? This number often
includes the model ID.