CANT REBOOT

When I turn on PC it says"fixed disc configuration error. Invalid
configuration info-please run setup program. Press F1 to continue, F2 to run
setup utility. When I press F1 it says no boot device available and when I
press F2 I get the system parameters, It is now when I am lost and need help.

"Carolann377`````````````````" <Carolann377@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:CA7716E1-8621-4810-809F-93D2F8E6F081@microsoft.com...

> When I turn on PC it says"fixed disc configuration error. Invalid
> configuration info-please run setup program. Press F1 to continue, F2 to
run
> setup utility. When I press F1 it says no boot device available and when I
> press F2 I get the system parameters, It is now when I am lost and need
help.

Post this again with specific information:
1. What happens when you boot DOS from a floppy?
2. Did this PC ever work? If so, what changes have
been made since it worked OK?

Your error message suggests the hard drive has died.
This is rare but it happens from time to time: hence
the questions above.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Start the computer, press F2 and make sure the hard disk is set up
properly. Use autodetect if available and be sure to save the change
when exiting. Be advised that you may have to use the keyboard to
navigate through the setup utility. Instructions often appear at the
bottom of the screen.

Ben

wrote:

>When I turn on PC it says"fixed disc configuration error. Invalid
>configuration info-please run setup program. Press F1 to continue, F2 to run
>setup utility. When I press F1 it says no boot device available and when I
>press F2 I get the system parameters, It is now when I am lost and need help.

Apparently it's having trouble talking to the hard disk. The "No boot
device available" message says exactly that. The "Fixed disc
configuration error" message is saying approximately the same thing.
I'd guess that it's getting something from the hard drive, but it's
garbled. The system's best guess is that what it's been told about the
hard drive is wrong.

If this machine used to work, then the first thing to do would be to
open the box and make sure that the cables to the HD are properly and
securely plugged in. If they are, and you still get these messages,
then the likelihood is that the drive has failed.

If you've never been able to boot the machine, then you'll need to go
into the BIOS and examine the hard drive setup parameters. It should
probably be set to autodetect.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

"Carolann377`````````````````" <Carolann377@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:CA7716E1-8621-4810-809F-93D2F8E6F081@microsoft.com...
> When I turn on PC it says"fixed disc configuration error. Invalid
> configuration info-please run setup program. Press F1 to continue, F2 to
run
> setup utility. When I press F1 it says no boot device available and when I
> press F2 I get the system parameters, It is now when I am lost and need
help.

If your PC is over 4 years old, consider the need for a new battery.