Registry Trimmer

Hi,

There are a lot of registry cleaners, but is there a
good registry trimmer?

Example: I have a lot photos I took with my digital
camera. Viewing these photos on my computer causes
them (filename.jpg) to be entered in "USER.DAT"
(part of the registry), which adds more bulk to the
registry. I would like a trimmer that automatically
removes all but the essential "stuff".

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.
2 answers Last reply
More about registry trimmer

    "Brad" <bpetria@verizon.net> wrote in message

    > Example: I have a lot photos I took with my digital
    > camera. Viewing these photos on my computer causes
    > them (filename.jpg) to be entered in "USER.DAT"
    > (part of the registry), which adds more bulk to the
    > registry. I would like a trimmer that automatically
    > removes all but the essential "stuff".

    What do you use to view photos? There are several
    apps e.g. proprietary photo software (e.g. Nikon),
    Kodak Image incorporated into MS Wiin98, and
    www.irfanview.com. Irfanview seems to write into
    Registry the minimum of nonessential material.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    What you are seeing is the Most Recently Used (MRU) file list for whatever program
    or programs are being used to view the pictures. What you may want to use is a
    program that cleans out those Registry locations....see here=>
    MRU-Blaster:
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/mrublaster.html
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Brad" <bpetria@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > There are a lot of registry cleaners, but is there a
    > good registry trimmer?
    >
    > Example: I have a lot photos I took with my digital
    > camera. Viewing these photos on my computer causes
    > them (filename.jpg) to be entered in "USER.DAT"
    > (part of the registry), which adds more bulk to the
    > registry. I would like a trimmer that automatically
    > removes all but the essential "stuff".
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Brad
    >
    > Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
    > be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Registry Microsoft Windows