incd or nero

Hi,

Which is the more durable, incd or nero, (if there is a differance) with
regards to saving documents and loads of digi pictueres.

Which would be the most bomb proof medium to save onto.

Cheers Steve.
3 answers Last reply
More about incd nero

    Moonraker wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Which is the more durable, incd or nero, (if there is a differance)
    > with regards to saving documents and loads of digi pictueres.

    inCD is Nero's packet writer. It writes data in a different manner from
    Nero's main program, don't use it.

    > Which would be the most bomb proof medium to save onto.

    Hmmm...multiple CDs and a couple of HDD. Redo the CDs periodically;
    i.e., make new ones.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    InCD is part of Nero. I presume you're asking which method to use, InCD's
    "packet-writing" or a more standard data writing format like Joliet. The one
    that's less likely to get you into trouble, and will create CDs that can be
    viewed on most any machine, is *not* InCD.

    Personally, I never even install packet-writing apps like InCD or DirectCD.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Moonraker" <moonraker@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Which is the more durable, incd or nero, (if there is a differance) with
    > regards to saving documents and loads of digi pictueres.
    >
    > Which would be the most bomb proof medium to save onto.
    >
    > Cheers Steve.

    Uninstall the INCD component, it is not really useable, especially for
    backup, packet written disks are not reliably read on any drive other than
    the one that created them.

    --

    Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
    spybot http://security.kolla.de

    _
    "Moonraker" <moonraker@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Which is the more durable, incd or nero, (if there is a differance) with
    > regards to saving documents and loads of digi pictueres.
    >
    > Which would be the most bomb proof medium to save onto.
    >
    > Cheers Steve.

Microsoft Nero Windows