incd or nero

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
September 19, 2005 9:45:30 PM

Hi,

Which is the more durable, incd or nero, (if there is a differance) with
regards to saving documents and loads of digi pictueres.

Which would be the most bomb proof medium to save onto.

Cheers Steve.

More about : incd nero

Anonymous
September 19, 2005 9:45:31 PM

Moonraker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Which is the more durable, incd or nero, (if there is a differance)
> with regards to saving documents and loads of digi pictueres.

inCD is Nero's packet writer. It writes data in a different manner from
Nero's main program, don't use it.

> Which would be the most bomb proof medium to save onto.

Hmmm...multiple CDs and a couple of HDD. Redo the CDs periodically;
i.e., make new ones.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
September 19, 2005 9:45:31 PM

InCD is part of Nero. I presume you're asking which method to use, InCD's
"packet-writing" or a more standard data writing format like Joliet. The one
that's less likely to get you into trouble, and will create CDs that can be
viewed on most any machine, is *not* InCD.

Personally, I never even install packet-writing apps like InCD or DirectCD.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

"Moonraker" <moonraker@home.com> wrote in message
news:o xYvomTvFHA.2312@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Which is the more durable, incd or nero, (if there is a differance) with
> regards to saving documents and loads of digi pictueres.
>
> Which would be the most bomb proof medium to save onto.
>
> Cheers Steve.

Anonymous
September 19, 2005 9:45:31 PM

Uninstall the INCD component, it is not really useable, especially for
backup, packet written disks are not reliably read on any drive other than
the one that created them.

--

Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de