Connection icon in tasktray

Is there a way to get the network/internet connection icon to show up in the
task tray in Windows 98? If so, would that be the same for Windows ME?

If you have software installed for the adapter/modem, look in Start > Settings
> Control Panel and double click your devices applet. Look for a checkbox
stating "Show icon in taskbar" or something similar.

--

Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"James D" <newsgroopie@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get the network/internet connection icon to show up in the
> task tray in Windows 98? If so, would that be the same for Windows ME?

I believe Glee once opined THAT matter could be between you & your ISP!
I use NetZero, & the connection icon does appear in my Tray after a
connection is made. The same "Connected to NetZero" window appears
whether I click that icon in the Tray or "My Computer, Dial-Up
Networking, NetZero icon".

If I R-Clk that NetZero icon in, & select "Properties", for the life of
me I can't find what controls it's appearance in the Tray.

Can it be..?..

(1) "Scripting tab, check 'Start terminal screen minimized'". Mine is
checked. Here is the blurb for that... "Minimizes the terminal window
that displays information as it is sent to and received from the remote
computer. If you want to view the information as the script is running,
make sure this check box is clear."

(2) "General tab, Configure button, Options button, check 'Display modem
status'". Here is the blurb... "Displays the status window that shows
the progress of your connection." BUT mine is UNchecked!

WARNING: I personally fear making changes to those Dial-Up Properties
screens, even simple ones.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"James D" <newsgroopie@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
| Is there a way to get the network/internet connection icon to show up
in the
| task tray in Windows 98? If so, would that be the same for Windows ME?

You can drag the icon onto the bottom toolbar if you have a shortcut on the
desktop. Bob

"Bob B" <bob@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You can drag the icon onto the bottom toolbar if you have a shortcut on
the
> desktop. Bob
Sorry . thought you meant you wanted to dial from the icon on the toolbar!!