Device manager

When I do Start > Settings > Control Panel I believe I am supposed to
have an icon for Device manager.
Can someone please tell me how I restore this feature.
Thanks for any and all help.
3 answers Last reply
More about device manager

    "mike" <trvlnmny@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > When I do Start > Settings > Control Panel I believe I am supposed to
    > have an icon for Device manager.
    > Can someone please tell me how I restore this feature.
    > Thanks for any and all help.

    You will have an Icon for System.

    Click on that and Device Manager will be
    one of the tabbed selections available to you.

    Or just hold down a Windows key and press the Pause key.

    There is no Device Manager applet in CP. Double click the System applet and
    click on the Device Manager tab.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    http://basconotw.mvps.org/

    Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "mike" <trvlnmny@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > When I do Start > Settings > Control Panel I believe I am supposed to
    > have an icon for Device manager.
    > Can someone please tell me how I restore this feature.
    > Thanks for any and all help.

    Or right click on 'my computer' and go to properties but I like that
    windows/pause key advise. Bob

    "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
    > There is no Device Manager applet in CP. Double click the System applet
    and
    > click on the Device Manager tab.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >
    > Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "mike" <trvlnmny@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > When I do Start > Settings > Control Panel I believe I am supposed to
    > > have an icon for Device manager.
    > > Can someone please tell me how I restore this feature.
    > > Thanks for any and all help.

Control Panel Device Manager Microsoft Windows