Missing File

Hi

I have given my old computer to my mother and cleaned off a load of
programmes she would never use as the hard drive was full.
Now, trying to set up Broadband has caused a load of problems.

Windows 98se will not boot up now but says the file "symtdi.vxd" is missing.
Imust have deleted inadvertantly when cleaning off the unwanted programmes.

How can I get this file reinstalled? I have failed in my attempt to
reinstall Windows 98 as notices it is already installed!

--
Any help would be appreciated

Heidi

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=symtdi.vxd&hl=en
GG finds mention of "symtdi.vxd" 75 times.

It isn't a Windows file, but it belongs to Norton. Read through them, &
get back with any further question.

Can you boot to Safe Mode? Hold F5 or CTRL as you boot to see. If so,
you may be able to follow some of the posted suggestions that way.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"Heidi & David" <Heidi&David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi
|
| I have given my old computer to my mother and cleaned off a load of
| programmes she would never use as the hard drive was full.
| Now, trying to set up Broadband has caused a load of problems.
|
| Windows 98se will not boot up now but says the file "symtdi.vxd" is
missing.
| Imust have deleted inadvertantly when cleaning off the unwanted
programmes.

| How can I get this file reinstalled? I have failed in my attempt to
| reinstall Windows 98 as notices it is already installed!
|
| --
| Any help would be appreciated
|
| Heidi

The file belongs to some Norton/Symantec programs. What programs by that company
did you remove? They make such programs as Norton SystemWorks, Norton Internet
Security, Norton Anti-Virus, Norton Utilities, and others.

Did you uninstall said programs using Control panel> Add\Remove Programs, or did you
just start deleting files and folders? Do you have any Norton/Symantec programs
still installed?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm