Evga 7900GT KO ocing Problem

GFKiraR

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
heh, well i finished building a new system and breaking it in, synthetic stress test ect.., and i started to oc the Gcard and right after i hit 516mhz Core and 765 memory it began to show around 30 or 40 pixles out of tune and then the monitor began to flickeron and off a couple of time in about 30 seconds then it completely froze. so i decided to pop off the HSF and cover the GPU in Artic Silver 5, well it helps the GPU run cooler but then i tuned the manual OC feature off to get the clocks back to normal, and began again, after running the test to appl the oc, of 501mhz core it froze again and did the same thing, so im wondering is it that i should just leave the core clock alone cause it does come pre clocked by EVGA , and im not to found of burning a card thats only a week old.

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Try cooling the onbiard vga RAM :D
Doesnt sound like a heating issue with the card, perhaps its flickering due to insufficient power :D
Whats your PSU?? cuz it sound like its a power problem, otherwise the vga is oc protected, or the vga is just a defect.
:twisted: