BIRDS EYE VIEW is live!!!

Last response: in Video Games
August 6, 2005 11:57:08 PM

http://www.flightsim-bevs.com

our new website ...

forum, videos, screenshots (more to come!)

give it a try, your input is most welcome, especially since the BETA
IS NOT OVER YET!!!

screenshot requests will be fulfilled! :)

regs, your friendly neighborhood BEV moderator Cole ***
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

More about : birds eye view live

August 8, 2005 12:19:48 AM

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 19:57:08 +0200, Cole Turner <cole@nospam> brought
the following to our attention:

>http://www.flightsim-bevs.com
>
>our new website ...
>
>forum, videos, screenshots (more to come!)
>
>give it a try, your input is most welcome, especially since the BETA
>IS NOT OVER YET!!!
>
>screenshot requests will be fulfilled! :)
>
>regs, your friendly neighborhood BEV moderator Cole ***

Excellent!!

A lot can be done with terrain texture, land class, shore, mesh, etc..
conventions.

-g
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:53:38 PM

.... there came a great Gregory <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net>
flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

>Excellent!!
>
>A lot can be done with terrain texture, land class, shore, mesh, etc..
>conventions.
> -g

thanks!

we are very fond of the new textures, they give all of the world (for
now: USA/Canada summer) a highly realistic look!

the front page now also has price / discount information!

estimated release date: Oct 1st., looking good.
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
Related resources
August 8, 2005 5:53:39 PM

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:53:38 +0200, Cole Turner <cole@nospam> brought
the following to our attention:

>... there came a great Gregory <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net>
>flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:
>
>>Excellent!!
>>
>>A lot can be done with terrain texture, land class, shore, mesh, etc..
>>conventions.
>> -g
>
>thanks!
>
>we are very fond of the new textures, they give all of the world (for
>now: USA/Canada summer) a highly realistic look!
>
>the front page now also has price / discount information!
>
>estimated release date: Oct 1st., looking good.

If you don't mind a question.. what organization is this? weren't
y'all part of FSG at one time? or posted in FSG forum a lot?

-g

p.s. MS should expand the texture table to cover more terrain types..
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 8:44:06 PM

.... there came a great Gregory <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net>
flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

>If you don't mind a question.. what organization is this? weren't
>y'all part of FSG at one time? or posted in FSG forum a lot?

right, I am the "top poster" at FSGenesis, but in no way affiliated
with FSG - just my favourite place to "lurk"

you will find many FSG members there because I posted BEV info in the
FSG forum as well and because many FSG memerbs also own UT USA!

which organization is it? "Birds Eye View" is not part of another
company, but will sell their stuff through Flight1, a well known
distributor of FS stuff.

You will find names like Holger Sandman and Frank Bergson in the Birds
Eye View beta team, they aren't the designers of the project though, I
just thought I mention this so you know this is a serious project.

Why am I there? I bought UT USA and hence spent a lot of time in the
Flight1 forum. Stephen, the Creator of BEV once posted a screenshot of
UT USA also displaying his textures which caught mine (and many other)
eye(s). I contacted him and after some time became part of the beta
team and now am administrator of the BEV forum.

I honestly do not make any money by this (yeah, I know I will get a
free copy - I hope!) , I'm just doing it for fun, like the other beta
testers! :)
I also recently beta tested Aerosoft Cape Canaveral, Aerosoft Monaco
and NuRoads 2.0 - I just love to FSim :)

Marc aka "Cole"

PS: Tina send her regards!
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 10:55:42 PM

we now have a German sub-forum, falls das jemanden interessiert ;)
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:10:35 PM

due to 1000s (literally) users storming the site, we have to increase
bandwith, site down (hopefully only) for a few hours!

thanks guys!
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 9:53:30 AM

Hi Cole Turner,

Sounds like you're getting a real birdseye view of what it's like to
have, and manage, a really popular addon. :-)

Regards,
John ward
"Cole Turner" <cole@nospam> wrote in message
> due to 1000s (literally) users storming the site, we have to increase
> bandwith, site down (hopefully only) for a few hours!
>
> thanks guys!
> --
> "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
> (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 11:10:45 PM

.... there came a great "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au>
flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

>Hi Cole Turner,
>
> Sounds like you're getting a real birdseye view of what it's like to
>have, and manage, a really popular addon. :-)

lol, yes John!

I had no idea ... checking out a dozen forums ... yikes!

but it's fun! :)
--
!