Sign in with
Your question

X1900XTX+ViewSonic=Blank Screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 8, 2006 9:59:31 PM

I have bought a new computer with CRT viewsonic screen and have problem with screen goes into power-save-mode after winxp logotype is displayed.

My computer specification:
- EPoX EP-9NPA+ Ultra, nForce4 Ultra,ATX Socket-939,S-ATA,GbLAN,Firewire,PCI-Ex16
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
- Corsair 2048MB
- Maxtor SATA 200gb hd
- EYE-T EX-550-PFC (550W) Power Supply
- HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)
- ViewSonic CRT 19" E92f+ screen

I installed a clean winxp proff eng version, nvidia motherboard drivers from included cd-rom, done windowsupdate,
all High-Priority Updates and MS .NET framework 1.1. ljljlj

My problems begins when I install graphic card drivers and do a restart. Tried HIS ati graphic drivers from included cd-rom with graphic card, latest
drivers from www.ati.com, latest drivers from www.hisdigital.com and even ati drivers from windowsupdate. I install all in the same way, complett installation or drivers only, restart, bios information appears, screen goes into power-save-mode few sec after winxp logotype with green progress bar, I have to restart into VGA safe-mode, run "cat-uninstaller.exe", a utility from ati.com to realy uninstall all ati software, restart, finds new hardware, prompt to install new drivers but same thing. In safe-mode and VGA safe-mode, I have changed resolution to 800x600@60Hz. Tried uninstalled all nvidia drivers and installed updated one from nvidia.com, www.epox-europe.com, and even bios default with same results. Tried with both DVI to VGA adapters included with graphic card.

Anyone have any solution or recommendations ?

// Patrick
May 16, 2006 2:38:00 PM

Wait a minute. You wrote that you installed Nvidia drivers, on an ATI card? No wonder you are getting problems! Take off all the Nvidia drivers and install ATI drivers only.

Try this. Uninstall all drivers, Nvidia, ATI and the HIS drivers. Then turn the machine off without a restart. Remove the video card and restart, in safe mode if necessary. Then download the latest drivers from ATI and install them. Then put the card back in and install those latest ATI drivers.

You also may have to install new drivers for the moniter. Check with the Viewsonic site for those, and also if there are any known issues involving your moniter and your vidio card.
a b U Graphics card
May 16, 2006 3:45:23 PM

The problem that you seem to be having is that your video card seems to trying to display a resolution or refresh rate that is no supported by your monitor.

First thing is boot into VGA mode like you have been doing and uninstall the drivers (like you have been doing) if this is a new computer you shouldn't have any nvida drivers to uninstall, make sure you are not removing the nforce4 drivers for your MB. Also while in VGA mode you can try to change the values to 800x600 apply it and reboot and see if you get a picture if not you may want to re-install all your mobo drivers. Then I would install the lastest drivers from ati, and see if you still have the same problem.

If you have another monitor lying around you may even try to hook that one up and see if it support the output the card trying to send.
!