Apple Appeals Against Samsung Lawsuit Loss in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
If apple ever made innovative products(which they don't), then they wouldn't need to cheat the patent system to block sales of competitors.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]So a Japanese court ruled a South Korean company didn't did not infringe on Apple's patents....you don't say..lol. I have no love for Apple but yeah....not exactly shocking news.[/citation]
Relations between koreans and japanese are pretty bad and there are historic reasons for that, you moron.

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]So a Japanese court ruled a South Korean company didn't did not infringe on Apple's patents....you don't say..lol. I have no love for Apple but yeah....not exactly shocking news.[/citation]
If patent offices actually checked patents for prior art both in existing patents and in-the-wild along with assess their technical merit, most of Apple and software patents in general would be denied, we would have far fewer ridiculous patent troll lawsuits and possibly much cheaper products due to lower legal costs.

chibiwings

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
not suprised with the verdict.. apple thought they can buy japanese judges. As apple claims before that iphone 3 &4 is successful in japanese as they created a script japanese falling in line on apple store on launched dates.. ... do apple have an idea on what a japanese phone can do?

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
You don't seem to know a lot about how the world's history and how the economics work. Japan is precisely one of the places where a South-Corean company would have little chance to attact the sympathy of a judge ! Maybe you were thinking that all Asians look the same, are yellow, eat rice and manufacture counterfeited products from Japan to Singapore... ;-)

Dude, you just won the Most Ignorant Comment prize.
"I have no love for Apple" - Of course you don't... your comment(s) show it.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]They are Japanese, they would know tech.[/citation]

use the japanese internet, and read some of their brilliant police work, and you will see thats not the case at all.

actually its a hive shock, with how much japan tends to not like korea.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
You do know that South Korea and Japan are different countries?

Also it's like saying Apple won against Samsung in the US because of the same reason.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006

What about Apple losing in UK(thus the entire Europe)? Did the whole world side with Samsung because they are all Asians? lol, stupid iSheep making stupid comments. As far as I know, Apple can only win in US court system.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]use the japanese internet, and read some of their brilliant police work, and you will see thats not the case at all. actually its a hive shock, with how much japan tends to not like korea.[/citation]

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know police work was technology.

Sorry, I'll just throw out my computer and get a cop to run Crysis.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know police work was technology.Sorry, I'll just throw out my computer and get a cop to run Crysis.[/citation]

Probably should with your brain being the way it is. Cops over there are about clueless when it comes to cybercrime

zenom11

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
If all of you not aware yet, Apple doesn't only have a software and hardware segment. The new segment is called iLawyerUp. For now the division on work on business patent. In the future, where divorce rate in the US keep on going up, the divorced get re-marry then re-divorce, Apple will have an iDivorce product line.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I'd like to know how much lawyers have earned since Apple started going after competitions. Got to be in close to billions by now, having to sue, defend, appeal, more appeal, new trial, massage Tim Cook's iBalls.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know police work was technology.Sorry, I'll just throw out my computer and get a cop to run Crysis.[/citation]

i wasnt going to be a dick, because i thought the story was more obscure, but the most recent news with the serch term "japanese police technology" its the 4th link, and all over recent news.

basically the arrested people based on ip address, when it was clear that a virus was the cause. they brow beat one person into a false confession over it. i believe one was a director of gundam there, and another was a 19 year old collage student, due to how japan works, that students life is more or less over because of this, even though he was innocent.

for every story where i read about a frivolous lawsuit, i read this crap poping up in other countries, where they have next to no chance of making it to a court, and im thankfull that even if the system is a bit broken, it still works when it has to. but i am way off topic now.

law shay

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

You are clearly a stupid racist. Racist because you think all Asians are the same (they are not, think about Indians and Chinese -- Indians have big eyes while the latter has small ones). Stupid because you don't know Japanese and Koreans are not the same (no, not even biologically related as in "French and Italian are not related).

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]law shay[/nom]You are clearly a stupid racist. Racist because you think all Asians are the same (they are not, think about Indians and Chinese -- Indians have big eyes while the latter has small ones). Stupid because you don't know Japanese and Koreans are not the same (no, not even biologically related as in "French and Italian are not related).[/citation]

i had a bit of a lol here.

its not shocking because "they all be asian, no wonder the white man lost" thats not it at all
but japan picking korea, over a non korean product, that is shocking. even if the non korean product litteraly was an absolute blanent copy. a rather large vocal and non voval majority of japan really doesnt like koreans.

look at news, online and other places and what people think... the xenophobia is kind of funny, once you go beyond it being sad.

keep in mind, japan got a un visitation a while ago, and japan lead them down a selected path, when the un people went just a little off path, "no foreigner" signs could be seen in a vast majority of the shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.