737NG 600/700 PMDG HELP

I just got this addon, the plane and panel are pretty cool, but I
cannot figure how to adjust the pitch for takeoff. Can someone tell me
how to change the pitch?

from were did u get this plane ?

I would also like to have it so that i can fly it

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/default.htm

"ucantescapedeath" <ucantescapedeath@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> from were did u get this plane ?
>
> I would also like to have it so that i can fly it

I bought it from PMDG via their website.

"ual2708" <ual2708@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
>I just got this addon, the plane and panel are pretty cool, but I
> cannot figure how to adjust the pitch for takeoff. Can someone tell me
> how to change the pitch?

The pitch indication is to the side of the throttle and you would adjust
using the same button/key as you would for any other aircraft.
However, there can be a problem if you have re-loaded a saved flight in that
it sometimes re-loads without the generators being switched on and pitch
adjustment then does not happen. If this is your problem go to the Overhead
and switch the generators on and all will be well.

Roger.

> The pitch indication is to the side of the throttle and you would adjust
> using the same button/key as you would for any other aircraft.
> However, there can be a problem if you have re-loaded a saved flight in
> that it sometimes re-loads without the generators being switched on and
> pitch adjustment then does not happen. If this is your problem go to the
> Overhead and switch the generators on and all will be well.
>
> Roger.

Good stuff from Roger.

I'll addto this that if you have pre-flighted correctly using the FMC, it
will tell you what trim setting is required for take off, given your current

MS

Thanks Roger, I see it now. I'm learning how to use the FMC and all the
goodies this plane comes with.

Issue #2

Can you explain why after I taxi to the runway with no problems, while
taking off the plane will not stay straight. It pulls way to the right,
it doesn't make sense. My joystck and rudders are correct with anyother
plane but the 737 NG PMDG.

> Thanks Roger, I see it now. I'm learning how to use the FMC and all the
> goodies this plane comes with.
>
> Issue #2
>
> Can you explain why after I taxi to the runway with no problems, while
> taking off the plane will not stay straight. It pulls way to the right,
> it doesn't make sense. My joystck and rudders are correct with anyother
> plane but the 737 NG PMDG.

Do you have the autopilot engaged on takeoff by any chance. It may well be
trying to track a heading selection. Just a thought...

MS

> Issue #2
>
> Can you explain why after I taxi to the runway with no problems, while
> taking off the plane will not stay straight. It pulls way to the right,
> it doesn't make sense. My joystck and rudders are correct with anyother
> plane but the 737 NG PMDG.

A bit of a puzzle that if you are OK with other aircraft and assuming you
don't have crosswind component built in.

But given that you started off with a trim problem, is it possible that you
have adjusted the rudder trim inadvertently and carried the setting over?
Rudder trim on the throttle pedestal in the VC or on the 2-D Radio Stack.

Roger.

Roger, yes that was it, thanks for your help.

I'm getting better with the FMC too, now I'm trying to figure all the
kinks with desending now. Practice will make perfect.

> Roger, yes that was it, thanks for your help.
>
> I'm getting better with the FMC too, now I'm trying to figure all the
> kinks with desending now. Practice will make perfect.

Well that was a bit of a long shot but glad it worked :)

If you haven't already got it, I think Fred Clausen's tutorial is still
available on the PMDG site, - you might find it helpful.

Roger.

I'll give it a try, thanks for all the help!

Hey Roger, hate to keep bothering you, but you've been a help.

I having trouble with 2 issues, first is, why can I not arm the auto
warning system reads: F/T first? No matter what I do I cannot arm the
A/T. I have completed the FMC pre flight info, all of it.

My second issue is I cannot not any better. Am I doing something
wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Robert

> Hey Roger, hate to keep bothering you, but you've been a help.
>
> I having trouble with 2 issues, first is, why can I not arm the auto
> warning system reads: F/T first? No matter what I do I cannot arm the
> A/T. I have completed the FMC pre flight info, all of it.
>
> My second issue is I cannot not any better. Am I doing something
> wrong?

Sounds like for the first one your main generators are off, - this often
happens when re-loading a saved flight. Go to the overhead and you'll
probably see a couple of blue 'off-bus' lights. Click the generator switches
to 'on' and your A/T should then engage.

Not altogether with you on the second point but if you mean progress is
slow, just keep at it and it will all come together soon enough :)

Roger.