FMC HAS NO SID OR STARS

I have never been able to get the FMC fully programmed because of a lack of
SIDs and STARs. I read the tutorial line by line. KDEN to KLAX. but when I
click on the DEP/ARR button, no SID appears. ERROR AT TRANSITION, LINE 212
appears in the scratch pad area as soon as I enter KDEN in the origination
airport.
ERROR AT FIX, line253 appears as soon as I enter KLAX in the destination
airport.
I have cleaned out the PMDG/SIDSTARs folder . . . d/l latest from PMDG and
NAVDATA as the readme file suggests, but no joy. What am I doing wrong?
This isn't fun any longer.
Danny
2 answers Last reply
More about stars

    Danny,

    Which tutorial are you doing?

    One thing to consider is that these tutorials sometime need the same Navdata
    version installed as the author used to create it, and then the SID / STAR
    installing. Personally I think Tim Metzingers tutorial is best although not
    available for download now. Having said that a polite request to me by email
    makes it appear and Tim is OK with that (I asked him) before anyone
    complains about piracy etc etc.

    Regards

    Geoff

    "DANNY" <drmckee@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > I have never been able to get the FMC fully programmed because of a lack
    of
    > SIDs and STARs. I read the tutorial line by line. KDEN to KLAX. but when
    > click on the DEP/ARR button, no SID appears. ERROR AT TRANSITION, LINE
    212
    > appears in the scratch pad area as soon as I enter KDEN in the origination
    > airport.
    > ERROR AT FIX, line253 appears as soon as I enter KLAX in the destination
    > airport.
    > I have cleaned out the PMDG/SIDSTARs folder . . . d/l latest from PMDG and
    > NAVDATA as the readme file suggests, but no joy. What am I doing wrong?
    > This isn't fun any longer.
    > Danny

    Thanks for the reply Geoff. I am able to program the thing somewhat, even
    putting in the waypoints. But it doesn't matter which airport I use as the
    originating site, (whether from a tutorial or just a random airport such as
    KALT TO KCLT, the FMC always displays "error in approach", "error in fix",
    "error in transition" and it will not display any Sids or Stars for either
    the orig. or the dest. fields. I can continue and the FMC will control the
    plane. AIRAC is 0508 version and the SIDSTAR file is the latest on the PMDG
    site. Each was extracted to the ....PMDG/SIDSTARS folder.

    "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Danny,
    >
    > Which tutorial are you doing?
    >
    > One thing to consider is that these tutorials sometime need the same
    > Navdata
    > version installed as the author used to create it, and then the SID / STAR
    > installing. Personally I think Tim Metzingers tutorial is best although
    > not
    > available for download now. Having said that a polite request to me by
    > email
    > makes it appear and Tim is OK with that (I asked him) before anyone
    > complains about piracy etc etc.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Geoff
    >

    > "DANNY" <drmckee@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    >> I have never been able to get the FMC fully programmed because of a lack
    > of
    >> SIDs and STARs. I read the tutorial line by line. KDEN to KLAX. but when
    >> click on the DEP/ARR button, no SID appears. ERROR AT TRANSITION, LINE
    > 212
    >> appears in the scratch pad area as soon as I enter KDEN in the
    >> origination
    >> airport.
    >> ERROR AT FIX, line253 appears as soon as I enter KLAX in the destination
    >> airport.
    >> I have cleaned out the PMDG/SIDSTARs folder . . . d/l latest from PMDG
    >> and
    >> NAVDATA as the readme file suggests, but no joy. What am I doing wrong?
    >> This isn't fun any longer.
    >> Danny

Microsoft Video Games