question about wd2500js

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
hello everybady i have a question for you....is this hdd reliable...or not.....i had bad times with wd before...so naturally i have to ask....before buying......

if you were to choose between this one, wd2500js, and a seagate barracuda 7200.9 which one will you choose.........

i generally trust the seagate barracuda reliability........
i`m also concern about the level of noise they make.......comparing the two documentation wd says their units are quiet enough....27db average in idle comparing with 29 db in idle for seagate 7200.9 and also same 31db in seek comparing with 34 seagate has.......

keep in mind my friends i have to choose between a wd2500js and a seagate 7200.9..the same capacity...

seagate is a little more expensive too and has ncq support...i don`t see that on wd site.....

my question is................... is this hdd, wd2500js reliable (i`m going to use it for general storage...the data is very very very important) i used barracuda before for general data storage and they were very good.....
i`m not thinking to use mirror raid yet...i only have budget for one hdd

......any of you guys had any problem with it........many many thanks in advance ...any advice will help me..also if you have any other ideea ..other brand that i should trust....thanks ....

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I have been a WD fan for years, and yes i think it will be reliable. Speed

matters to me, and most of the Seagates are off the pace compared to WD,

"BUT" i think their reliability is second to none. So if you aren't interested

in outright performance, and your data is very valuable, then the Seagate

sounds like the best choice for you. Don't forget they also have a 5 year

warranty, and i wouldn't worry about the NCQ. It seems to hurt performance

in desktop applications (except with Maxtors) and helps alot for servers.

Also if your data is that valuable, you may want a second drive, for

back-up, and maybe even a RAID 1 setup if you can scrounge up the

cash.

TRENDING THREADS