or

Intel Graphic MA 900

:?:

Thanks.
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2006 6:30:29 PM

Quote:
Which notebooks video card is better and faster:

The Xpress200 is better than both the GMA900 and GMA950, but neither is still really any good. They are just 'passable', but on newer games you'll be running @ 640x480 with everything turned down, or more likely off.
May 9, 2006 6:39:10 PM

Ditto what grape sed.
Related resources
May 9, 2006 6:58:17 PM

Quote:

ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200

or

Intel Graphic MA 900

Thanks.

ATI is better, no contest. Any "new" (meaning still in production) integrated graphics solution will beat Intel's currently. GMA 900/950 are vast improvements over the 810 and 845/865 graphics (AKA Integrated Extreme Graphics), but ATI and NVIDIA easily rival Intel's graphics solution.
a c 358 U Graphics card
a c 115 å Intel
May 9, 2006 7:42:34 PM

Quote:

ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200

or

Intel Graphic MA 900

Thanks.

If you are seriously going to game with a laptop, then I really suggest spending more money on a better GPU solution. Otherwise, you will curse the day your mother gave birth to you.

What you really want is a laptop that you can upgrade the GPU later on. An example is the Area-51® m5500. This laptop will let you choose a GPU, a sure sign that ihe GPU can be upgraded in the future. These cards uses the MXM module that have been developed by nVidia. This particular Alienware has the ATI X700 as the default choice so I am assuming that ATI has adopted the MXM specfications.

If you want a really powerful GPU inside your laptop like the Go 7900GT, then you will need to spend big bucks on a DTR (DeskTop Replacement) laptop. It'll be big, fast and heavy, but you'll be able to play games really well.

Goto www.nvidia.com to get more info on MXM. There are three different sizes.
May 9, 2006 8:34:55 PM

I wondered about this myself.
Thanks for the info.
May 9, 2006 8:39:58 PM

If MXM is the standard, then all notebooks and handhelds should be MXM. Not able to upgrade video cards is the main reason why I don't spend a lot of notebooks.
THanks for the info.
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2006 9:31:36 PM

Quote:

If you are seriously going to game with a laptop, then I really suggest spending more money on a better GPU solution.

Agreed.

Quote:
These cards uses the MXM module that have been developed by nVidia. This particular Alienware has the ATI X700 as the default choice so I am assuming that ATI has adopted the MXM specfications.

ATi uses AXIOM not MXM, neither ATi nor nV wanted a universal connector (that would mean more choice! Choice is BAD!)

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mobile/display/20040602140...

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjE1

Quote:
If you want a really powerful GPU inside your laptop like the Go 7900GT, then you will need to spend big bucks on a DTR (DeskTop Replacement) laptop. It'll be big, fast and heavy, but you'll be able to play games really well.

You forgot the most important, EXPENSIVE. The GF7600GT is usually the wise money choice, the lowest the GF7900 is found is the $1500 US mark. I only mention this becaus he's talking about integrated and you're talking about a $400-500 premium, and a whole different kind of laptop.

Also avoid the GF7900GS IMO which is slower than the GF7800GTX and only slightlly faster than the GF7800, but usually more expensive than both (which of course can change anytime).
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2006 9:34:23 PM

Quote:
If MXM is the standard, then all notebooks and handhelds should be MXM. Not able to upgrade video cards is the main reason why I don't spend a lot of notebooks.
THanks for the info.

MXM isn't the standard, if anything PCIe External is the UNUSED standard.

MXM and AXIOM are competing sockets neither of which has been adopted as a 'standard' because neither company wants anyone else to use them.

Sucks for everyone, but still better than the previous method of Alienware/Dell/Voodoo-only proprietary sockets/connections, or before that, which was no upgradability (soldered onto the board).
a c 358 U Graphics card
a c 115 å Intel
May 9, 2006 10:02:18 PM

Quote:
THanks for the info.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

Most integrated video chips are soldered onto the motherboard itself. Only a laptop that gives clear choices of GPU will most likely mean the GPU can be upgraded by the user.

Only a few notebooks offers the MXM or the AXIOM socket modules that allows users to upgrade. I would only hope that they become even more common place in the future 'cause if I want a laptop, I would rather build one myself rather than go through Dell, Alienware, Falcon Northwest, etc.
May 10, 2006 5:22:40 AM

I don't need very fast video card cause most time I will be working with ms office, sometimes wathing movies, listening to music, and occasionally playing games (NFS: MW and etc.).

Thanks for the info!
!