does updating bios solve sound issues

ashiplikethat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
i was just wondering if anyone has solved the creative soundcard (x-fi )with nforce4 mobo issues by updating there motherboard bios as i am not keen on updating it because it sounds to hard for me.

give it a shot - update the bios, just dont loose power doing it, follow the instructions.

i was just wondering if anyone has solved the creative soundcard (x-fi )with nforce4 mobo issues by updating there motherboard bios as i am not keen on updating it because it sounds to hard for me.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005

BIOS can fix issues with hardware conflicts/etc. because the BIOS, NOT WINDOWS, is what actually "detects" the hardware and allocates resources. Windows does this as well (almost strictly for USB devices), but the bios does most of the work. All Windows does is identify the hardware based on the resources the bios assigns the devices.

I know I'm not answering your question, but I wanted to explain this before someone posts that the bios has nothing to do with sound--because it very well may. Also, you have disabled onboard sound in the bios, right?

pat

Expert

I think that you have to flash the XFI firmware, not the BIOS, to fix compatibility issues with XFI and nforce.

creatives forum will give you more clue

TRENDING THREADS