Folder Options and associations

I'm finding that I can't open '.GIF' attachments in e-
mails in Outlook Express. When I try to do so, I get the
following message: "This file does not have a program
associated with it for performing this action. Create an
association in the Folder Options Control Panel." When I
try to open "Folder Options" in the Control Panel, I get
the same message. What do I do now ?

Right click the file. Choose Properties>General Tab. You can change the
file association there.