Newbie help pls!

Hi
I've downloaded Skype and bought a headset but the problem is I don't have
anybody to talk to as yet (next weekend I'm setting up my aged father so we
can talk to each other!).

Is there any way I can test how this all works? I can hear noise on the
headset but don't know if the microphone bit works.

This probably sounds totally feeble but please don't just troll me.
TIA
Caaagh (skype name)
2 answers Last reply
More about newbie

    "Caaagh" <nobody@spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I've downloaded Skype and bought a headset but the problem is I don't have
    > anybody to talk to as yet (next weekend I'm setting up my aged father so we
    > can talk to each other!).
    >
    > Is there any way I can test how this all works? I can hear noise on the
    > headset but don't know if the microphone bit works.
    >
    > This probably sounds totally feeble but please don't just troll me.
    > TIA
    > Caaagh (skype name)

    Tried calling you Caaagh, 23:27 but could not get through.

    > Tried calling you Caaagh, 23:27 but could not get through.
    Thanks - but that was way past my bedtime!! I found that you could select
    "Skype me" - I got bombarded with calls (which freaked me out). I think my
    headset works but I'll wait until I can use someone I know to test it with
    (too scary otherwise)

    Rgds
    Caaagh

VPN Gaming Headsets Skype Networking