Newbie help pls!

Last response: in Networking
November 17, 2004 1:21:37 AM

Hi
I've downloaded Skype and bought a headset but the problem is I don't have
anybody to talk to as yet (next weekend I'm setting up my aged father so we
can talk to each other!).

Is there any way I can test how this all works? I can hear noise on the
headset but don't know if the microphone bit works.

This probably sounds totally feeble but please don't just troll me.
TIA
Caaagh (skype name)

More about : newbie pls

Anonymous
November 17, 2004 2:29:51 AM

"Caaagh" <nobody@spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi
> I've downloaded Skype and bought a headset but the problem is I don't have
> anybody to talk to as yet (next weekend I'm setting up my aged father so we
> can talk to each other!).
>
> Is there any way I can test how this all works? I can hear noise on the
> headset but don't know if the microphone bit works.
>
> This probably sounds totally feeble but please don't just troll me.
> TIA
> Caaagh (skype name)

Tried calling you Caaagh, 23:27 but could not get through.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 1:28:56 AM

> Tried calling you Caaagh, 23:27 but could not get through.
Thanks - but that was way past my bedtime!! I found that you could select
"Skype me" - I got bombarded with calls (which freaked me out). I think my
headset works but I'll wait until I can use someone I know to test it with
(too scary otherwise)

Rgds
Caaagh
!