Radeon 9600 Pro Problems

SirZash

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
I've had my 9600 Pro for a couple of years. It's never had any problems. I've ran two monitors with it before *one using the VGA and the other connected to the DVI with a DVI -> VGA convertor*. I've never had any problems with it until recently. I've noticed that, now, when I run two monitors, the second monitor tends to have a yellow-ish hue to it and isn't very crisp anymore. I've tried messing with the refresh rates and stuff but I've yet to figure out the problem. You guys think it's completely hardware related or could it just be an odd setting?

Pixellated

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Is that a CRT monitor that's going yellow? Try moving the cable at teh back if it is, and see if the picture flickers. If you can get it to rest somewhere where it;s fine, then keep it like that, but if not, it's just the monitor being old: they go yellow after a while: just google it.

SirZash

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Yes, they both are CRT. Here's the weird thing. My primary monitor looks perfectly fine. If I took my secondary monitor and plugged it into my VGA port, as my primary, and used my primary as my secondary... then my primary monitor does the same thing. So it's not the monitor. It something to do with the secondary settings or the video card I believe.

Pixellated

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Try getting another monitor in play, just borrow one quickly from an office or someone else, and use it for a while.

SirZash

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Try getting another monitor in play, just borrow one quickly from an office or someone else, and use it for a while.

I've got 4 or 5 working monitors at my house. All of them do the same thing. Primary = fine. Secondary = Yellowish and not very crisp.

DemolitionNine

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Word.

My 9600 pro's about to blow up.

Welcome to my world.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: