Sync status is on the device

November 2, 2004 10:34:13 AM

I am getting this error in active sync for both calendar items and contacts.
How do I resolve this?

More about : sync status device

Anonymous
November 2, 2004 2:47:26 PM

It's not an error, that appears when you have server sync setup on a device.
If you are not syncing to an exchange server then you will need to either
open up activesync on the ppc and goto the server settings and uncheck both
items or if you have your device cradled you can goto Tools>Options and
uncheck "enable synchronization with a server". After you uncheck these
items and click ok, go back to the sync options in activesync( on desktop)
and make sure you check calendar and contacts sync.

rights...

"David Lewis" <*@*.*> wrote in message
>I am getting this error in active sync for both calendar items and
>contacts.
> How do I resolve this?
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 2:47:27 PM

thankx

what's the difference between the server sync and the regular way?

I have an exchange server at work. I would think I would just want to sync
between my work and home desktops.

"Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices]" <e_dadu@nomospam.yahoo.com>
|>It's not an error, that appears when you have server sync setup on a device.
|>If you are not syncing to an exchange server then you will need to either
|>open up activesync on the ppc and goto the server settings and uncheck both
|>items or if you have your device cradled you can goto Tools>Options and
|>uncheck "enable synchronization with a server". After you uncheck these
|>items and click ok, go back to the sync options in activesync( on desktop)
|>and make sure you check calendar and contacts sync.
November 2, 2004 6:42:30 PM

"David Lewis" <*@*.*> wrote in message
>I am getting this error in active sync for both calendar items and
>contacts.
> How do I resolve this?

It's generally not an error, it means that the sync is taking place between
the PDA and the server (Server Activesync).

Check your settings on the PDA under "Start-ActiveSync-Tools-Options-Server"
if you have a server set-up here, then it is trying to do Server ActveSync.

cheers

simon
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 1:58:03 AM

"Server ActiveSync permits users to wirelessly synchronize their
Microsoft
Exchange 2000 Server data with their Pocket PC 2002 devices. This
makes it
possible for users to read and reply to e-mail, to view and add
calendar items
and tasks, and to view and add contacts from their Exchange
mailboxes."

Taken from the MS Knowledge Base
Obviously, it's a little old

I suppose there's no real advantage, if you're never going to
sync wirelessly,
and if you're always going to have a PC around with your profile
on it. It's
been a while since I tried it, but I think I once found it useful
for syncing email,
contacts and calendar entries as a guest on a PC that wasn't
mine. Of course,
I guess you could sync more just by using the LAN to sync with
your PC, but
I do like cutting out the middle man sometimes, and then it kept
me from having
to deal with that one-PC partnership limit to sync my mail (is
that still a limitation
for Win2003?).

Someone please correct me, if my memory serves me wrong!

TCPW

!