7600gt artifacting

purersaga

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
7600 gt artifacting when i use atitool. Lowered the clock speeds after it started artifacting. But it still finds artifacts in less than a minute of running the program. Using artifacts around 46C, but when it reaches around 49C the artifacts seem to disappear. Any suggestions? Idle temp is 39C load at 49C.

Just a dud card? What brand is it? (and please dont say MSI)

7600 gt artifacting when i use atitool. Lowered the clock speeds after it started artifacting. But it still finds artifacts in less than a minute of running the program. Using artifacts around 46C, but when it reaches around 49C the artifacts seem to disappear. Any suggestions? Idle temp is 39C load at 49C.

Battleofcarnage

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I bought a evga 7600gt a while ago and coolbits wouldn't let me oc. Heck it wouldn't even come back as a complete test at stock speeds. So i ran ati tool like you and found same thing. I was annoyed so i did some snooping in ati tools options and found a place that allows better compatibility, i clicked it and walla! no artifacts. Now i just have to find a program to OC my card. lol. Any suggestions?

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006

uhh ATi Tool 8O

FatFunkey

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
thats cuz its FOR ATI

god go get rivatuner or coolbits thats for Nvidia..jebus

seriously if u dont even know what program to use dont freaking Overclock...i smell this topic is going to end in you blowing up your card because you dont know wtf your doing

EDIT- Not trying to be mean but.....yeea

Battleofcarnage

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I do no how to overclock so i don't see my card blowing up. I have already tried coolbits, rivatuner, and ati tool. Nothing will let me oc. I might be able to get rivatuner to work if i rollback my video driver but i don't want to if i don't have to.

FatFunkey

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
heeey then your basicly SOL from what i heard 7600GTs arnt that great in O/Cing with stock cooling so that is probaly your main problem (stock only like a 10% O/C if your lucky)

anyways i just find it retarded that your using ATITool instead of Coolbits or RiviaTuner

Battleofcarnage

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
The normall clock is pretty high thats why they don't oc as well but still i am only running 46 idle and 48 load so i should still get some oc. Thats what my friends 6800gs runs stock and he oc's like crazy with worse airflow. Anyway will just have to see if i can get oblivion to run at my settings if not i will roll back drivers and see what i can get.

FatFunkey

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
no you wont it just dosnt overclock well my 9800Pro get good temps its just wont overclock its because of the memory and the chip itself not the heat
the 6800GS can O/C a lot better then a 7600GT your not going to get a big O/C just a 10% if not less use google my friend and all the reviews will say the same they only got like a 8-12% O/C it just isnt a good card to overclock

EDIT
personaly if u want my honest to god opion i find O/C ing a Videocard is a waste the performance gain is 5-10FPS max and the damage u can do blah, you get a better performance boost by o/cing your CPU anyways :L just my 2cents on the matter of Video Card O/Cing

Now opeining up Pipelines is diffrent it either works or doesnt thats worth it if it works u get hmmm 10-15% performance with out o/cing

Battleofcarnage

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I know but i just need a little bit more i think i can do it. I'm not looking for a huge oc i just need a couple of frames lol. I can and will do it!

FatFunkey

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
....im not trying to burst your bubble buddy but i dont see it happing if its artifacting its artifacting nothing u can do about it be happy with waht u got and hell O/C your CPU that will get you better frames in some cases...at least with me...but then again im chugging an old 2.6Ghz Northwood :L

Battleofcarnage

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
The artifacting is only in ati tool there is no visual artifacts so i think that the problem with the artifacts lies with ati tool. The others not ocing is unknown but i will get around it muhahahahahahahaha! lol! he he

bobbydamm

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2005
"purersaga"]7600 gt artifacting when i use atitool.
Er...Uh...
Is it just Me? Or do you understand that ATI Tool is for ATI video cards..?
I would suggest using CoolBits Registry Tweak for your Nvidia based 7600GT.
Wow, believe it or not it took no time to download and worked FABULOUS!
Try it sometime.
(my lil' puppy coughed up to XFX XXX speeds, then we backed 'er down.)

bobbydamm

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2005
I thought those EVGA cards came overclocked already.
Didn't it state that on the front of the box?
That's supposed to be a really good card.
(hence I was trying to find it before the BFG...no luck.)

kwalker

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
they are at their upper limit new.
but like everything we touch .
there has to be a little more.
and yes this is a great cart at just stock speeds and Ill keep you posted on my sli experience in a few days.
heard people state the gain isnt worth the bucks.
Im stubborn .
we shall see

mad_fitzy

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
anyways i just find it retarded that your using ATITool instead of Coolbits or RiviaTuner

ATI Tool can be used for nvidia cards to check for artifacts. No you cant overclock an nvidia card through ATI Tool. So you are the one who is "retarded" for not looking it up first before making stupid statements.