NTLDR is missing after running Norton Ghost???

I imaged my system a few months ago just incase of an emergency. This
week I had an emergency so I attempted a restore from the 7 ghost
disks (DVD+R's) that norton ghost created for me during the imaging of
my system. At about 97% complete on the restore, norton ghosts asked
me for an 8th disk which there was only 7 disks...very wierd so I had
to cancel the restore. Now when I boot up I get the dreaded NTLDR is
missing message. I've performed an FDISK & chose the correct partition
as active but...still get same message. So....I created a norton ghost
boot wizard disk PC-DOS version & ran ghost again. NOW...the restore
gets to the 1st or 2nd disk & norton ghost tells me that the files on
the disk are corrupted which can't be so...any suggestions on what I
should try next guys? Thanks in advance.

OS: XP Home
3 answers Last reply
More about ntldr missing running norton ghost

    Boot with your disk into recovery console. Then type in copy D:\i386\NTLDR
    C: and click enter on your keyboard then type in copy NTDetect.com C:
    and once again click enter. You can also give the fixboot and fixmbr entries
    a try. {]:~)

    Have you consulted with Symantec support about this?

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "D" <MuzicNme@aol.com> wrote in message
    | I imaged my system a few months ago just incase of an emergency. This
    | week I had an emergency so I attempted a restore from the 7 ghost
    | disks (DVD+R's) that norton ghost created for me during the imaging of
    | my system. At about 97% complete on the restore, norton ghosts asked
    | me for an 8th disk which there was only 7 disks...very wierd so I had
    | to cancel the restore. Now when I boot up I get the dreaded NTLDR is
    | missing message. I've performed an FDISK & chose the correct partition
    | as active but...still get same message. So....I created a norton ghost
    | boot wizard disk PC-DOS version & ran ghost again. NOW...the restore
    | gets to the 1st or 2nd disk & norton ghost tells me that the files on
    | the disk are corrupted which can't be so...any suggestions on what I
    | should try next guys? Thanks in advance.
    |
    | OS: XP Home

    Hi, D.

    > I've performed an FDISK & chose the correct partition

    Throw away that Win9x/ME boot diskette! Or at least hide it so that you
    will never be tempted to use it again. FDISK.exe is an MS-DOS program that
    should not be used to repair any NT-based version of Windows. Yes, it can
    work in many cases, but it is the wrong tool for the job.

    Boot from your WinXP CD-ROM and use the Repair Console, including the
    Fixboot and FixMBR commands.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "D" <MuzicNme@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I imaged my system a few months ago just incase of an emergency. This
    > week I had an emergency so I attempted a restore from the 7 ghost
    > disks (DVD+R's) that norton ghost created for me during the imaging of
    > my system. At about 97% complete on the restore, norton ghosts asked
    > me for an 8th disk which there was only 7 disks...very wierd so I had
    > to cancel the restore. Now when I boot up I get the dreaded NTLDR is
    > missing message. I've performed an FDISK & chose the correct partition
    > as active but...still get same message. So....I created a norton ghost
    > boot wizard disk PC-DOS version & ran ghost again. NOW...the restore
    > gets to the 1st or 2nd disk & norton ghost tells me that the files on
    > the disk are corrupted which can't be so...any suggestions on what I
    > should try next guys? Thanks in advance.
    >
    > OS: XP Home

Norton Ntldr Microsoft Windows XP