NTLDR is missing after running Norton Ghost???

I imaged my system a few months ago just incase of an emergency. This
week I had an emergency so I attempted a restore from the 7 ghost
disks (DVD+R's) that norton ghost created for me during the imaging of
my system. At about 97% complete on the restore, norton ghosts asked
me for an 8th disk which there was only 7 disks...very wierd so I had
to cancel the restore. Now when I boot up I get the dreaded NTLDR is
missing message. I've performed an FDISK & chose the correct partition
as active but...still get same message. So....I created a norton ghost
boot wizard disk PC-DOS version & ran ghost again. NOW...the restore
gets to the 1st or 2nd disk & norton ghost tells me that the files on
the disk are corrupted which can't be so...any suggestions on what I
should try next guys? Thanks in advance.

OS: XP Home

Boot with your disk into recovery console. Then type in copy D:\i386\NTLDR
C: and click enter on your keyboard then type in copy NTDetect.com C:
and once again click enter. You can also give the fixboot and fixmbr entries
a try. {]:~)

Have you consulted with Symantec support about this?

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"D" <MuzicNme@aol.com> wrote in message
| I imaged my system a few months ago just incase of an emergency. This
| week I had an emergency so I attempted a restore from the 7 ghost
| disks (DVD+R's) that norton ghost created for me during the imaging of
| my system. At about 97% complete on the restore, norton ghosts asked
| me for an 8th disk which there was only 7 disks...very wierd so I had
| to cancel the restore. Now when I boot up I get the dreaded NTLDR is
| missing message. I've performed an FDISK & chose the correct partition
| as active but...still get same message. So....I created a norton ghost
| boot wizard disk PC-DOS version & ran ghost again. NOW...the restore
| gets to the 1st or 2nd disk & norton ghost tells me that the files on
| the disk are corrupted which can't be so...any suggestions on what I
| should try next guys? Thanks in advance.
|
| OS: XP Home

Hi, D.

> I've performed an FDISK & chose the correct partition

Throw away that Win9x/ME boot diskette! Or at least hide it so that you
will never be tempted to use it again. FDISK.exe is an MS-DOS program that
should not be used to repair any NT-based version of Windows. Yes, it can
work in many cases, but it is the wrong tool for the job.

Boot from your WinXP CD-ROM and use the Repair Console, including the
Fixboot and FixMBR commands.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA