TrackIR3

Hi All,

Having just seen the Demo' video of this, I'm now starting to get really
intrigued.

So it's $US130 for TrackIR 3 Pro, another $US35 for the Vector
Expansion, and you're good to go?

I notice they had a huge screen for the Demo' - what's it like on, say,
a 19" screen?

How twitchy/difficult is it to get it working properly, and get used to
flying with it?

Regards,
John Ward
26 answers Last reply
More about trackir3

    Gee, I never though about that, John. The TrackIR stuff isn't too bad but
    that $8,000 plasma 50 inch screen may be the problem along with the addition
    to the new house....just kidding! It all sound pretty cool to me.

    Mike
    "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Having just seen the Demo' video of this, I'm now starting to get
    > really intrigued.
    >
    > So it's $US130 for TrackIR 3 Pro, another $US35 for the Vector
    > Expansion, and you're good to go?
    >
    > I notice they had a huge screen for the Demo' - what's it like on, say,
    > a 19" screen?
    >
    > How twitchy/difficult is it to get it working properly, and get used to
    > flying with it?
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward

    Hi mikepic,

    Well, I now have a pretty good hardware setup, and, as I fly fighters
    mainly, I noticed Downloaders' shots re moving your head outside the
    cockpit, e,g, when taxiing....

    Also, it looks a lot better than hitting knobs, buttons, switches, or
    keyboard keys, to change your View, etc, and it also looks like you can Pan
    your view pretty quickly to wherever you want...

    Does this thing only work in the VC?

    Co-incidentally, I'm going to be lucky enough to have a 4' Plasma screen
    shortly...... :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward

    > Hi mikepic,
    >
    > Well, I now have a pretty good hardware setup, and, as I fly fighters
    > mainly, I noticed Downloaders' shots re moving your head outside the
    > cockpit, e,g, when taxiing....
    >
    > Also, it looks a lot better than hitting knobs, buttons, switches, or
    > keyboard keys, to change your View, etc, and it also looks like you can
    > Pan your view pretty quickly to wherever you want...
    >
    > Does this thing only work in the VC?
    >
    > Co-incidentally, I'm going to be lucky enough to have a 4' Plasma
    > screen shortly...... :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward
    >

    > "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    >> Gee, I never though about that, John. The TrackIR stuff isn't too bad
    >> but that $8,000 plasma 50 inch screen may be the problem along with the
    >> addition to the new house....just kidding! It all sound pretty cool to
    >> me.
    >>
    >> Mike
    >> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> Having just seen the Demo' video of this, I'm now starting to get
    >>> really intrigued.
    >>>
    >>> So it's $US130 for TrackIR 3 Pro, another $US35 for the Vector
    >>> Expansion, and you're good to go?
    >>>
    >>> I notice they had a huge screen for the Demo' - what's it like on,
    >>> say, a 19" screen?
    >>>
    >>> How twitchy/difficult is it to get it working properly, and get used
    >>> to flying with it?
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> John Ward

    A four footer ought to do well! I dunno if the system only works in VC. I
    would sure like to try the thing out.

    "John Ward"
    > it also looks like you can Pan
    > your view pretty quickly to wherever you want...

    The TrackIR looks really cool, but if you don't want to spend the money, use
    ActiveCamera instead.

    I know you have a trackball. ActiveCamera allows TrackIR type movements
    (not the expansion pack) on a trackball or mouse.

    I just rest my hand on the trackball and look where ever I want in
    real-time. In practice... it works very well.

    Dallas

    I have it, love it and have pretty much stopped flying the sims that won't
    use it (and with the latest revisions to FA-18 and Falcon 4.0, there ain't
    much that doesn't work with it.) MSFS acts like it was designed for it.

    Good drop on the price, too. I say run, not walk, to get your wallet and
    order it. No kidding... the first words out of my mouth were "this changes
    everything"...

    Jay Williams wrote:

    > I have it, love it and have pretty much stopped flying the sims that won't
    > use it (and with the latest revisions to FA-18 and Falcon 4.0, there ain't
    > much that doesn't work with it.) MSFS acts like it was designed for it.
    >
    > Good drop on the price, too. I say run, not walk, to get your wallet and
    > order it. No kidding... the first words out of my mouth were "this changes
    > everything"...

    I too have hangered all the aircraft that don't have a decent VC Panel.
    I already posted the web page where I'm listing the aircraft I really
    like flying the VC. Unfortunately the Aztec doesn't have a VC panel but
    I'm starting to like flying the classics. I actually have several more
    aircraft waiting to get listed on the web page but I've been busy with
    other things and am behind. :)

    I would have to check but I purchased the TrackIR 3 Pro and the Vector
    Expansion clip from the TrackIR website and there were some discounts
    which should be still in effect.

    I bought the whole kit to use on the eMagin Z800 VR Visor I ordered. I'm
    hoping I will get totally lost into the flight sim. If I don't, I'll
    lie to Gabriella since the Visor was $900.00. :)

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    The Aeroworx B-200 King Air works great with the Track IR

    Bob

    "boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
    > Jay Williams wrote:
    >
    >> I have it, love it and have pretty much stopped flying the sims that
    >> won't use it (and with the latest revisions to FA-18 and Falcon 4.0,
    >> there ain't much that doesn't work with it.) MSFS acts like it was
    >> designed for it.
    >>
    >> Good drop on the price, too. I say run, not walk, to get your wallet and
    >> order it. No kidding... the first words out of my mouth were "this
    >> changes everything"...
    >

    > I too have hangered all the aircraft that don't have a decent VC Panel. I
    > already posted the web page where I'm listing the aircraft I really like
    > flying the VC. Unfortunately the Aztec doesn't have a VC panel but I'm
    > starting to like flying the classics. I actually have several more
    > aircraft waiting to get listed on the web page but I've been busy with
    > other things and am behind. :)
    >
    > I would have to check but I purchased the TrackIR 3 Pro and the Vector
    > Expansion clip from the TrackIR website and there were some discounts
    > which should be still in effect.
    >
    > I bought the whole kit to use on the eMagin Z800 VR Visor I ordered. I'm
    > hoping I will get totally lost into the flight sim. If I don't, I'll lie
    > to Gabriella since the Visor was $900.00. :)
    >
    > --
    >
    > boB,
    > SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    $900? You can count on us to come up with some good alibis for ya :)

    We addicts have got to stick together!
    Mike

    Hmm, that soun like a pretty good idea too. Better make a trip to Best Buy
    today
    Mike

    > "John Ward"
    >> it also looks like you can Pan
    >> your view pretty quickly to wherever you want...
    >
    > The TrackIR looks really cool, but if you don't want to spend the money,
    > use
    > ActiveCamera instead.
    >
    > I know you have a trackball. ActiveCamera allows TrackIR type movements
    > (not the expansion pack) on a trackball or mouse.
    >
    > I just rest my hand on the trackball and look where ever I want in
    > real-time. In practice... it works very well.
    >
    > Dallas

    O.K., O.K., damn you, Williams, I'm strongly suspecting that I'm going to be
    shelling out shortly.

    But, how hard is it to get it operating optimally - Downloader Bob seems to
    think it's a little different/twitchy, so I guess there are a few issues
    with it?

    Regards,
    John Ward

    John Ward wrote:

    > O.K., O.K., damn you, Williams, I'm strongly suspecting that I'm going to be
    > shelling out shortly.
    >
    > But, how hard is it to get it operating optimally - Downloader Bob seems to
    > think it's a little different/twitchy, so I guess there are a few issues
    > with it?
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward

    Nope, no real issues.. I just have to learn to keep a correct posture
    which actually helps my back. (At least I hope it does :) )

    I have a Gateway P4 2.66, 512 rimm, 200G and 250G hard drives and where
    I usually don't use Auto-Start to get rid of the remaining programs
    using up resources and I get usable frame rates with the sliders at
    medium high.

    It really does change things for the better in my humble opinion. :)

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    > John Ward wrote:
    >
    >> O.K., O.K., damn you, Williams, I'm strongly suspecting that I'm going to
    >> be shelling out shortly.
    >>
    >> But, how hard is it to get it operating optimally - Downloader Bob seems
    >> to think it's a little different/twitchy, so I guess there are a few
    >> issues with it?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John Ward
    >
    > Nope, no real issues.. I just have to learn to keep a correct posture
    > which actually helps my back. (At least I hope it does :) )
    >
    > I have a Gateway P4 2.66, 512 rimm, 200G and 250G hard drives and where I
    > usually don't use Auto-Start to get rid of the remaining programs using up
    > resources and I get usable frame rates with the sliders at medium high.
    >
    > It really does change things for the better in my humble opinion. :)
    >
    > --
    >
    > boB,
    > SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Ahhh... I can see back and neck brace sales are going to zoom. The
    orthopedic industry wholeheatedly endorses the use of TrackIR :).....Just
    kidding.
    Mike

    John Ward wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Having just seen the Demo' video of this, I'm now starting to get
    > really intrigued.
    >
    > So it's $US130 for TrackIR 3 Pro, another $US35 for the Vector
    > Expansion, and you're good to go?
    >
    > I notice they had a huge screen for the Demo' - what's it like on,
    > say, a 19" screen?
    >
    > How twitchy/difficult is it to get it working properly, and get
    > used to flying with it?
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward

    It is well worth every penny imho.

    I reluctantly bought the TiR 3 Pro several months ago, shortly before the
    Vector expansion was announced. I had bought Pacific Fighters shortly after
    it came out, and had a coupon for 30 bucks off that came with it , if I
    remember correctly.

    My main hesitation, was I get motion sickness fairly easy. For this reason,
    I really can't play fps games with any frequency, I get sick to my stomach
    within 20 minutes of playing. Flight sims, and racing sims, have never
    bothered me. I was worried that the TiR3 Pro would cause me motion sickness.

    I was pleased to discover it did not bother me at all. Getting acclamated to
    it, at least for me, took very little time. Within the hour, I was flying
    using it, and thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread - and I
    still feel that way. I added the Vector expansion a few months ago, and love
    it for sims that support it. For those that don't, it does seem to make it
    more stable around center for me.

    I personally found the included flight sim profile to be adequate for what I
    do, I did play with the deadzone and curves a little to fine tune it to my
    liking.

    Now, I could not imagine flying a flight sim without it!
    Plus, it freed up all those programmable buttons on my pov hat switch on my
    Cougar for other things which was an added bonus.

    --
    Don Burnette

    Hi boB,

    I vaguely recall some brief discussion about being able to somehow link
    something in that equated to a mouse click.

    I can't remember whether it related to TrackIR, or VoiceBuddy, though.

    Does TrackIR have anything like that, and does it work on 2D cockpits>

    Regards,
    John Ward

    John Ward wrote:

    > Hi boB,
    >
    > I vaguely recall some brief discussion about being able to somehow link
    > something in that equated to a mouse click.
    >
    > I can't remember whether it related to TrackIR, or VoiceBuddy, though.
    >
    > Does TrackIR have anything like that, and does it work on 2D cockpits>
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward

    I think Don would be able to tell us that and I forget if you can get
    the 2D panel to pan.

    I have not yet tried all the options but last night I got stuck in
    something named "Smartnav3" which seems to be a hands free mouse
    emulator. Here is what it said about it.

    NaturalPoint presents the SmartNAV hands free mouse. The NaturalPoint
    SmartNAV is the perfect hands free ergonomic mouse for people with
    carpal tunnel, RSI and other special needs. Increase productivity by
    simply moving your head to control your computer, with our ergonomic
    mouse alternatives.

    Don, can you send me the profiles you tweaked. I've been experimenting
    with the curve and other edit functions but am not doing well with it yet.

    akita_77 xxxxx at xxxxxxx yahoo dot com

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Hey John. Here it is again :)

    John Ward wrote:

    > Hi boB,
    >
    > I vaguely recall some brief discussion about being able to somehow link
    > something in that equated to a mouse click.
    >
    > I can't remember whether it related to TrackIR, or VoiceBuddy, though.
    >
    > Does TrackIR have anything like that, and does it work on 2D cockpits>
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward

    I think Don would be able to tell us that and I forget if you can get
    the 2D panel to pan.

    I have not yet tried all the options but last night I got stuck in
    something named "Smartnav3" which seems to be a hands free mouse
    emulator. Here is what it said about it.

    NaturalPoint presents the SmartNAV hands free mouse. The NaturalPoint
    SmartNAV is the perfect hands free ergonomic mouse for people with
    carpal tunnel, RSI and other special needs. Increase productivity by
    simply moving your head to control your computer, with our ergonomic
    mouse alternatives.

    Don, can you send me the profiles you tweaked. I've been experimenting
    with the curve and other edit functions but am not doing well with it yet.

    akita_77 xxxxx at xxxxxxx yahoo dot com

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    "boB"
    > SmartNAV is the perfect hands free ergonomic mouse for people with
    > carpal tunnel,

    Oh, that's great... now we're going to have a bunch of people running
    around with carpal tunnel of the neck.

    :-)

    Dallas
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Don Burnette,

    Thanks for that, mate.

    "I personally found the included flight sim profile to be adequate for
    what I do, I did play with the deadzone and curves a little to fine tune it
    to my liking."

    That's handy to know, I didn't know it had one. Do you get the full 6DOF
    in 2D cockpits?

    Rats (wallet speaking) - seems to be the way to go, then. :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward

    "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
    > John Ward wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Having just seen the Demo' video of this, I'm now starting to get
    >> really intrigued.
    >>
    >> So it's $US130 for TrackIR 3 Pro, another $US35 for the Vector
    >> Expansion, and you're good to go?
    >>
    >> I notice they had a huge screen for the Demo' - what's it like on,
    >> say, a 19" screen?
    >>
    >> How twitchy/difficult is it to get it working properly, and get
    >> used to flying with it?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John Ward
    >

    > It is well worth every penny imho.
    >
    > I reluctantly bought the TiR 3 Pro several months ago, shortly before the
    > Vector expansion was announced. I had bought Pacific Fighters shortly
    > after it came out, and had a coupon for 30 bucks off that came with it ,
    > if I remember correctly.
    >
    > My main hesitation, was I get motion sickness fairly easy. For this
    > reason, I really can't play fps games with any frequency, I get sick to my
    > stomach within 20 minutes of playing. Flight sims, and racing sims, have
    > never bothered me. I was worried that the TiR3 Pro would cause me motion
    > sickness.
    >
    > I was pleased to discover it did not bother me at all. Getting acclamated
    > to it, at least for me, took very little time. Within the hour, I was
    > flying using it, and thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread -
    > and I still feel that way. I added the Vector expansion a few months ago,
    > and love it for sims that support it. For those that don't, it does seem
    > to make it more stable around center for me.
    >
    > I personally found the included flight sim profile to be adequate for what
    > I do, I did play with the deadzone and curves a little to fine tune it to
    > my liking.
    >
    > Now, I could not imagine flying a flight sim without it!
    > Plus, it freed up all those programmable buttons on my pov hat switch on
    > my Cougar for other things which was an added bonus.
    >

    > --
    > Don Burnette

  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hey boB,

    I just had a momentary blip with my newsreader - I had to re-post
    something I thought I'd posted, and, during the same blip, I thought I saw a
    reply from you here?

    If you did, would you be able to post it again?

    Sorry about that.

    Regards,
    John Ward
    > Hi Don Burnette,
    >
    > Thanks for that, mate.
    >
    > "I personally found the included flight sim profile to be adequate for
    > what I do, I did play with the deadzone and curves a little to fine tune
    > it to my liking."
    >
    > That's handy to know, I didn't know it had one. Do you get the full
    > 6DOF in 2D cockpits?
    >
    > Rats (wallet speaking) - seems to be the way to go, then. :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward
    >

    > "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> John Ward wrote:
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> Having just seen the Demo' video of this, I'm now starting to get
    >>> really intrigued.
    >>>
    >>> So it's $US130 for TrackIR 3 Pro, another $US35 for the Vector
    >>> Expansion, and you're good to go?
    >>>
    >>> I notice they had a huge screen for the Demo' - what's it like on,
    >>> say, a 19" screen?
    >>>
    >>> How twitchy/difficult is it to get it working properly, and get
    >>> used to flying with it?
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> John Ward
    >>

    >> It is well worth every penny imho.
    >>
    >> I reluctantly bought the TiR 3 Pro several months ago, shortly before the
    >> Vector expansion was announced. I had bought Pacific Fighters shortly
    >> after it came out, and had a coupon for 30 bucks off that came with it ,
    >> if I remember correctly.
    >>
    >> My main hesitation, was I get motion sickness fairly easy. For this
    >> reason, I really can't play fps games with any frequency, I get sick to
    >> my stomach within 20 minutes of playing. Flight sims, and racing sims,
    >> have never bothered me. I was worried that the TiR3 Pro would cause me
    >> motion sickness.
    >>
    >> I was pleased to discover it did not bother me at all. Getting acclamated
    >> to it, at least for me, took very little time. Within the hour, I was
    >> flying using it, and thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread -
    >> and I still feel that way. I added the Vector expansion a few months ago,
    >> and love it for sims that support it. For those that don't, it does seem
    >> to make it more stable around center for me.
    >>
    >> I personally found the included flight sim profile to be adequate for
    >> what I do, I did play with the deadzone and curves a little to fine tune
    >> it to my liking.
    >>
    >> Now, I could not imagine flying a flight sim without it!
    >> Plus, it freed up all those programmable buttons on my pov hat switch on
    >> my Cougar for other things which was an added bonus.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Don Burnette

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi boB,

    Hey, thanks, mate - I think that was it!

    I'd be interested in those profiles from Don, too, if it's O.K. with
    him, of course.

    Should I Google for Smartnav3, or is it part of the TrackIR deal?

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "Bob" <akita@hot.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hey John. Here it is again :)
    >

    > John Ward wrote:
    >
    >> Hi boB,
    >>
    >> I vaguely recall some brief discussion about being able to somehow
    >> link something in that equated to a mouse click.
    >>
    >> I can't remember whether it related to TrackIR, or VoiceBuddy,
    >> though.
    >>
    >> Does TrackIR have anything like that, and does it work on 2D
    >> cockpits>
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John Ward
    >

    > I think Don would be able to tell us that and I forget if you can get
    > the 2D panel to pan.
    >
    > I have not yet tried all the options but last night I got stuck in
    > something named "Smartnav3" which seems to be a hands free mouse
    > emulator. Here is what it said about it.

    > NaturalPoint presents the SmartNAV hands free mouse. The NaturalPoint
    > SmartNAV is the perfect hands free ergonomic mouse for people with
    > carpal tunnel, RSI and other special needs. Increase productivity by
    > simply moving your head to control your computer, with our ergonomic
    > mouse alternatives.
    >
    > Don, can you send me the profiles you tweaked. I've been experimenting
    > with the curve and other edit functions but am not doing well with it yet.
    >
    > akita_77 xxxxx at xxxxxxx yahoo dot com
    >

    > --
    >
    > boB,
    > SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    No problem, I think you would really like it. Matter of fact, I don't think
    I know of anyone that has gotten one that did not like it.

    It's been a little while since I ran FS2004, if memory serves it only works
    in 3d view, I can test it to be sure though. Tonight my daughter took off to
    spend some time with me, we're going to watch a movie and order a pizza, so
    I won't have time to mess around any with it tonight..

    I would be glad to share my custom profiles with you and Bob as well, can I
    post them here or would it be better to email them to y'all? They are not
    very large, less than 4kb each in size, I have two, one for IL2 /FB/AEP/PF,
    and one for FS2004.

    Like I said, they are only slightly tweaked versions of the included flight
    sim profile, I like a little more dead zone and exponential curve it mine,
    to make very slight head movements to equal very little movement in Track
    IR. It really is easy to adjust and try different settings, ultimately
    you'll want to tweak it to your liking...

    Don Burnette

    John Ward wrote:
    > Hi Don Burnette,
    >
    > Thanks for that, mate.
    >
    > "I personally found the included flight sim profile to be adequate
    > for what I do, I did play with the deadzone and curves a little to
    > fine tune it to my liking."
    >
    > That's handy to know, I didn't know it had one. Do you get the
    > full 6DOF in 2D cockpits?
    >
    > Rats (wallet speaking) - seems to be the way to go, then. :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward
    >

    > "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> John Ward wrote:
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> Having just seen the Demo' video of this, I'm now starting to get
    >>> really intrigued.
    >>>
    >>> So it's $US130 for TrackIR 3 Pro, another $US35 for the Vector
    >>> Expansion, and you're good to go?
    >>>
    >>> I notice they had a huge screen for the Demo' - what's it like
    >>> on, say, a 19" screen?
    >>>
    >>> How twitchy/difficult is it to get it working properly, and get
    >>> used to flying with it?
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> John Ward
    >>

    >> It is well worth every penny imho.
    >>
    >> I reluctantly bought the TiR 3 Pro several months ago, shortly
    >> before the Vector expansion was announced. I had bought Pacific
    >> Fighters shortly after it came out, and had a coupon for 30 bucks
    >> off that came with it , if I remember correctly.
    >>
    >> My main hesitation, was I get motion sickness fairly easy. For this
    >> reason, I really can't play fps games with any frequency, I get sick
    >> to my stomach within 20 minutes of playing. Flight sims, and racing
    >> sims, have never bothered me. I was worried that the TiR3 Pro would
    >> cause me motion sickness.
    >>
    >> I was pleased to discover it did not bother me at all. Getting
    >> acclamated to it, at least for me, took very little time. Within the
    >> hour, I was flying using it, and thinking it was the best thing
    >> since sliced bread - and I still feel that way. I added the Vector
    >> expansion a few months ago, and love it for sims that support it.
    >> For those that don't, it does seem to make it more stable around
    >> center for me. I personally found the included flight sim profile to be
    >> adequate
    >> for what I do, I did play with the deadzone and curves a little to
    >> fine tune it to my liking.
    >>
    >> Now, I could not imagine flying a flight sim without it!
    >> Plus, it freed up all those programmable buttons on my pov hat
    >> switch on my Cougar for other things which was an added bonus.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Don Burnette
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    In MSFS 2004, I just switch to the virtual cockpit and use the mouse to
    click and my head to change views. Easy as hell. holding your head still
    becomes intuitive. The only sim I've had any trouble with that has been
    Janes FA-18, which wasn't designed with TrackIr in mind. MSFS was. No
    kidding, John. You'll email me afterwards and offer to buy me a case of
    whatever I drink.

    I wouldn't consider flying MSFS without it now...

    > John Ward wrote:
    >
    >> Hi boB,
    >>
    >> I vaguely recall some brief discussion about being able to somehow
    >> link something in that equated to a mouse click.
    >>
    >> I can't remember whether it related to TrackIR, or VoiceBuddy,
    >> though.
    >>
    >> Does TrackIR have anything like that, and does it work on 2D
    >> cockpits>
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> John Ward
    >

    > I think Don would be able to tell us that and I forget if you can get the
    > 2D panel to pan.
    >
    > I have not yet tried all the options but last night I got stuck in
    > something named "Smartnav3" which seems to be a hands free mouse emulator.
    > Here is what it said about it.

    > NaturalPoint presents the SmartNAV hands free mouse. The NaturalPoint
    > SmartNAV is the perfect hands free ergonomic mouse for people with carpal
    > tunnel, RSI and other special needs. Increase productivity by simply
    > moving your head to control your computer, with our ergonomic mouse
    > alternatives.
    >
    > Don, can you send me the profiles you tweaked. I've been experimenting
    > with the curve and other edit functions but am not doing well with it yet.
    >
    > akita_77 xxxxx at xxxxxxx yahoo dot com
    >

    > --
    >
    > boB,
    > SAG 70
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Don Burnette wrote:

    > I would be glad to share my custom profiles with you and Bob as well, can I
    > post them here or would it be better to email them to y'all? They are not
    > very large, less than 4kb each in size, I have two, one for IL2 /FB/AEP/PF,
    > and one for FS2004.
    >
    > Like I said, they are only slightly tweaked versions of the included flight
    > sim profile, I like a little more dead zone and exponential curve it mine,
    > to make very slight head movements to equal very little movement in Track
    > IR. It really is easy to adjust and try different settings, ultimately
    > you'll want to tweak it to your liking...
    >

    > Don Burnette

    email would be good for me. I would like to see what you use and then
    work from there.

    Thanks

    akita_77 at yahoo dot com

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Jay Williams,

    O.K., O.K. - so, what do you drink? :-))

    Please don't tell me its Johnny Walker Black Label! :-)

    > In MSFS 2004, I just switch to the virtual cockpit and use the mouse to
    > click and my head to change views. Easy as hell. holding your head still
    > becomes intuitive. The only sim I've had any trouble with that has been
    > Janes FA-18, which wasn't designed with TrackIr in mind. MSFS was. No
    > kidding, John. You'll email me afterwards and offer to buy me a case of
    > whatever I drink.
    >
    > I wouldn't consider flying MSFS without it now...
    >
    > "boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
    >> John Ward wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi boB,
    >>>
    >>> I vaguely recall some brief discussion about being able to somehow
    >>> link something in that equated to a mouse click.
    >>>
    >>> I can't remember whether it related to TrackIR, or VoiceBuddy,
    >>> though.
    >>>
    >>> Does TrackIR have anything like that, and does it work on 2D
    >>> cockpits>
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> John Ward
    >>

    >> I think Don would be able to tell us that and I forget if you can get the
    >> 2D panel to pan.
    >>
    >> I have not yet tried all the options but last night I got stuck in
    >> something named "Smartnav3" which seems to be a hands free mouse
    >> emulator. Here is what it said about it.

    >> NaturalPoint presents the SmartNAV hands free mouse. The NaturalPoint
    >> SmartNAV is the perfect hands free ergonomic mouse for people with carpal
    >> tunnel, RSI and other special needs. Increase productivity by simply
    >> moving your head to control your computer, with our ergonomic mouse
    >> alternatives.
    >>
    >> Don, can you send me the profiles you tweaked. I've been experimenting
    >> with the curve and other edit functions but am not doing well with it
    >> yet.
    >>
    >> akita_77 xxxxx at xxxxxxx yahoo dot com
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> boB,
    >> SAG 70
    >>
    >> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    >> Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)

  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Don Burnette,

    Thanks for that - email would be great for me. Much appreciated.

    Hope the pizza's not too spicy! :-)

> [...]
    >>> cause me motion sickness.
    >>>
    >>> I was pleased to discover it did not bother me at all. Getting
    >>> acclamated to it, at least for me, took very little time. Within the
    >>> hour, I was flying using it, and thinking it was the best thing
    >>> since sliced bread - and I still feel that way. I added the Vector
    >>> expansion a few months ago, and love it for sims that support it.
    >>> For those that don't, it does seem to make it more stable around
    >>> center for me. I personally found the included flight sim profile to be
    >>> adequate
    >>> for what I do, I did play with the deadzone and curves a little to
    >>> fine tune it to my liking.
    >>>
    >>> Now, I could not imagine flying a flight sim without it!
    >>> Plus, it freed up all those programmable buttons on my pov hat
    >>> switch on my Cougar for other things which was an added bonus.

  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Try it first...

    > Hi Jay Williams,
    >
    > O.K., O.K. - so, what do you drink? :-))
    >
    > Please don't tell me its Johnny Walker Black Label! :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > John ward
    > "Jay Williams" <Voodoo141@buggeroffspammercox.net> wrote in message
    >> In MSFS 2004, I just switch to the virtual cockpit and use the mouse to
    >> click and my head to change views. Easy as hell. holding your head
    >> still becomes intuitive. The only sim I've had any trouble with that has
    >> been Janes FA-18, which wasn't designed with TrackIr in mind. MSFS was.
    >> No kidding, John. You'll email me afterwards and offer to buy me a case
    >> of whatever I drink.
    >>
    >> I wouldn't consider flying MSFS without it now...
    >>
    >> "boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message

    >>> I think Don would be able to tell us that and I forget if you can get
    >>> the 2D panel to pan.
    >>>
    >>> I have not yet tried all the options but last night I got stuck in
    >>> something named "Smartnav3" which seems to be a hands free mouse
    >>> emulator. Here is what it said about it.
    >>>
    >>> ==============================================
    >>> NaturalPoint presents the SmartNAV hands free mouse. The NaturalPoint
    >>> SmartNAV is the perfect hands free ergonomic mouse for people with
    >>> carpal tunnel, RSI and other special needs. Increase productivity by
    >>> simply moving your head to control your computer, with our ergonomic
    >>> mouse alternatives.
    >>> ===============================================
    >>>
    >>> Don, can you send me the profiles you tweaked. I've been experimenting
    >>> with the curve and other edit functions but am not doing well with it
    >>> yet.
    >>>
    >>> akita_77 xxxxx at xxxxxxx yahoo dot com
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> boB,
    >>> SAG 70
    >>>
    >>> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    >>> Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)

Games Microsoft Video Games Product