just a quik temp question x1800xt

natastna2

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
Hi I have a x1800xt that i got the other way and am using ati tool to monitor temps, when i run an artifact scan and also when playing games such as GRAW and doom3 the temperatures can get to around 85 degrees C, is that worrying or is it alrite to let it get that hot? Thanks for your help. Ant.

cleeve

Illustrious
A little of both. Those temps are typical, the X1900 series can get very hot, it's not going to die at that temperature or anything.

But an aftermarket heat-pipe cooler is a good idea for X1800/X1900 products, makes tham cooler and alot quieter.

natastna2

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
hi, i did a little looking around and found you can change the fan speed controls on ati tool, so i looked at the existing "orders" and found them to be really odd, the fan was not set to go above about 60 percent until it hit 90 C so I changed it to go to about 65 percent at 60 C and now it rarely gets above that. Also the noise is hardly noticeable since it's only when i play games and most of the games i play involve a lot of shooting :) Thanks for your help though Cleeve, found your sticky a real help in choosing the x1800xt and now i'm very happy with it!