Sign in with
Your question

How do you OC ?

Last response: in CPUs
May 10, 2006 2:58:39 PM

I am new to Overclocking and I was wondering how do ou Overclock a cpu? I looked on several sies and it didnt give much information as to in seps to OC a cpu.

More about : question

May 10, 2006 4:16:16 PM

One thing to note is that if you have a prebuilt system from companies like Dell, HP... etc. many of them don't like you OC'ing and some bios functions are locked down. This is not a problem with a home built or custom built system but you can, and probably will, void your warrenty by doing so.

You can also check out the site www.overclockersclub.com
Related resources
a c 471 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 10, 2006 4:17:34 PM

Quote:
I am new to Overclocking and I was wondering how do ou Overclock a cpu? I looked on several sies and it didnt give much information as to in seps to OC a cpu.

Go to the Overclocking Section of this forum. There are some sticky posts at the top that may help you out.
May 10, 2006 7:49:50 PM

Thanks for your help
May 11, 2006 9:11:06 AM

usually, before doing OC, it's better to read some good documentation.There are a lot of factors to take care about, and the best for you and your hardware is to read a lot before "gettng down to business". I'm new to this forum (yeah! this is my first post), but as much as I can see, it has a very good overclocking section ;) 
May 11, 2006 6:49:31 PM

Quote:

Sure enough, research is not something that you are going to do by yourself..

There is a whole section about OCing just below that one.

so, move out there before the mods kick you out of this forum, which is about CPU and no OCing.

[/thread closed]
May 11, 2006 7:29:04 PM

Take clock off wall, place computer on clock. Now you are overclock-ing.
May 11, 2006 7:39:12 PM

very witty, how long did that take you?
May 11, 2006 8:13:06 PM

Hours and Hours and Hours. Overclocking is a time intensive, trial and error process.....
May 11, 2006 9:01:37 PM

nice i like that, my system doesnt overclock well from 3.2 to 3.4 at most the clock starts to crack under the weight of the PC then
May 11, 2006 9:09:23 PM

Yeah, people often forget to mention weight. Just like you want to use as little power and generate as little heat as possible, you also want to keep the weight down or you'll break you glass everytime. Once that happens, how will you know what time it is?
May 11, 2006 9:20:29 PM

well if the glass cracks and the battery pops out it doesnt matter what the time because its usually an expensive (clock price inflation pheww!) time but if your lucky enough to have one of them wind up ones without batteries its time to wind up and try again glass or no! :twisted:
May 11, 2006 9:29:47 PM

Wow, I just had an idea. What if you put your computer on a desk, then just put your wristwatch under the desk when you need more processor speed?
May 11, 2006 9:34:56 PM

awesome idea, safe overclocking, also watch is a smaller proccess size than a wall clock so less heat generated!!! and cheaper yield cost!
May 11, 2006 9:39:46 PM

Dude, we should go into business on this, I'll need a partner with a substantion amount of capital to invest. Are you interested?
May 11, 2006 9:47:31 PM

Hell yeah no can do tho! gotta start savin for uni next year! gonna be a fund killer! if you a find a venture capitalist tho let me know!
May 11, 2006 10:04:26 PM

you should come to saudi arabia: lots of people with lots of money who have no idea as to where to spend it... you could probably trick a few of them into "letting you borrow" (take) money

Ara
May 11, 2006 10:10:54 PM

yeah very good idea unfortunatly the initial investment of the flight from london heathrow to somewhere in saudi is more than i got!
May 11, 2006 10:32:04 PM

that's not a problem, go to the saudi embassy and find a list of all saudi's in london, then track them one by one and ask them for a wad of cash... (the easy part is breaking into the embassy), they usually tend to fling the cash at you, so be prepared. :lol: 

anyway, night night i think: 1:36 AM here (although thursday and friday are our weekends, and besides, we're off topic)

Ara
May 12, 2006 8:05:42 AM

Quote:

well its simple!
apply AND logic to 'O' and 'C', then OR it with the output of 'FSB' and 'CORE SPEED' then XOR the output with 'RAM FREQUENCY' and then NAND it with the 'TRANSFER RATE' of HDD.
and you'll be done OC! :wink:

if you want to do it with several processors u might consider a 4 X 1 MUX or a Tri-State Buffer. :twisted:
May 12, 2006 8:29:52 AM

Quote:
Wow, I just had an idea. What if you put your computer on a desk, then just put your wristwatch under the desk when you need more processor speed?

That would be overwatching, not overclocking. :roll:
May 12, 2006 8:59:54 AM

I have an A8N32 SLI Deluxe mobo with latest bios, but the options in bios are different from one on that site so i don`t know wich is wich. Can you be more specific ?

Thanks

PS: If anyone has same mobo and know how to overclock it - please heeelp me!
May 12, 2006 4:57:11 PM

Quote:
I have an A8N32 SLI Deluxe mobo with latest bios, but the options in bios are different from one on that site so i don`t know wich is wich. Can you be more specific ?

Thanks

PS: If anyone has same mobo and know how to overclock it - please heeelp me!

Why don't you ask in the overclocking forum? Is it too hard for your small brain to apply the concept in posting in the right section?

If you cannot figure out how to use the forum, I can clearly understand that you have no clue about what going on in this site...
May 12, 2006 9:27:31 PM

Quote:
canda sucks

Yeah, I know..

But what is canda??

Oh, You meant candy..
May 12, 2006 9:31:09 PM

my a button is broken
May 12, 2006 9:34:52 PM

Quote:
my a button is broken

find something better as an excuse, you did 2 "a" which perfectly showed up..
May 12, 2006 9:50:56 PM

Quote:
my a button is broken

yeah, and i just lost my keyboard. along with my whole computer. its typing by itself now...
May 12, 2006 10:17:16 PM

cut and paste man

and im bad at spelling
May 12, 2006 10:25:15 PM

Quote:
cut and paste man

and im bad at spelling

PM actionman, he has a new keyboard for you..
May 13, 2006 4:15:31 PM

Quote:
cut and paste man

and im bad at spelling

PM actionman, he has a new keyboard for you..
lmao
May 20, 2006 1:34:50 AM

I will not debate you about my brain. I know it is OK (yours i`m not so sure). This was a Overclocking thread... and i have a overclock question (if the thread wasn`t posted in correct location is not my fault - i just reply). If you are incompetent and can`t help just say so, don`t attack me for asking!
May 20, 2006 5:32:48 AM

If you can't stand the heat, you either stay out of the kitchen altogether or post a thread of your own in the appropriate forum...
May 20, 2006 12:03:17 PM

Oh, but i can stand the heat! But where is the point? In these forums it is supposed to help each other! Pat and you make a lousy job out of it. If you have something helpful.. say it, if not - do something else!

PS: This is my last post on this matter - so don`t bother to reply because i won`t read it....

PPS: Sorry about my grammar & spelling - English is not my native language and i have no spare time to learn it better...
!