Detection of fax machine.

Last response: in Networking
Share
November 22, 2004 3:09:07 AM

I have a digium Wildcard TE410P with Asterisk, and I want to write a
Linux program using C, so that the TE410P can detect whether the
number I am calling to is a fax machine or not. If a human being picks
up, the program will auto-redirect the call to the user, otherwise it
will hang up.

Anyone has any idea on how to do that? And how can I detect if a call
is picked up by a fax machine or not?

Anyone have any idea on how to do that? And how can I detect the one
pickup my call is a fax machine or not?

More about : detection fax machine

November 23, 2004 1:49:17 AM

"sing" <sing.1705@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a digium Wildcard TE410P with Asterisk, and I want to write a
> Linux program using C, so that the TE410P can detect whether the
> number I am calling to is a fax machine or not. If a human being picks
> up, the program will auto-redirect the call to the user, otherwise it
> will hang up.
>
> Anyone has any idea on how to do that? And how can I detect if a call
> is picked up by a fax machine or not?
>
> Anyone have any idea on how to do that? And how can I detect the one
> pickup my call is a fax machine or not?

Hi
My * detects incoming and diverts the call and i think it will do the same
outgoing i know it it did when I had fax detect set to incoming and
outgoing.
what you want is the reverse!
So you set the fax detect exten to be an hangup, othe wise teh call will
carry on !
I assume you have fax detect working ?

Ian
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 7:29:02 PM

sing wrote:
> I have a digium Wildcard TE410P with Asterisk, and I want to write a
> Linux program using C, so that the TE410P can detect whether the
> number I am calling to is a fax machine or not. If a human being picks
> up, the program will auto-redirect the call to the user, otherwise it
> will hang up.
>
> Anyone has any idea on how to do that? And how can I detect if a call
> is picked up by a fax machine or not?
>
> Anyone have any idea on how to do that? And how can I detect the one
> pickup my call is a fax machine or not?

Given that batch dialing numbers is illegal in many cases, why exactly
do you want to do this?

If you don't know whether a fax is on the other end or not, you are
likley batch dialing or "wardialing" blocks of numbers.

Which means you likely work for telemarketing scum.
!