Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Although I am right handed, I keep my mouse on the left
side of my keyboard (fits better on the desk). Is there
a way to move the column where one scrolls from the right
side of the screen to the left? O, I am using Windows XP
Home edition.

Hi, Jerry.

Me, too! ;<)

Right-handed, but with my mouse on the left, that is. I've used it that way
for years. Now with WinXP Pro - and occasionally with other versions,
including the Longhorn preview.

No, I don't think there is any way to move the vertical scroll bar to the
left side of the screen. Having it on the right has not been a problem for
me.

My mouse has a scroll wheel. When I press that wheel with the cursor in the
middle of a long message or thread like this, it puts a two-headed
arrow-in-a-circle onscreen. Then, when I move the mouse, the screen scrolls
up or down. I don't have to roll the wheel or anything; just move the
mouse. This feature eliminates having to reach for the scroll bar
sometimes.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA