D-Link or VoIP or cable problem?

hellrazor

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004
Here is my situation. I have a D-link DGL-4300 and it occasionally disconnects when someone calls me. I use Time Warner for my cable, phone and internet. I will be playing WoW or something and someone will call and it disconnects me. The network cable unplugged starts showing up about every 5sec. I look at my router and it keeps reseting itself. After we hang up the phone my connection comes back. Keep in mind that this does not happen everytime. Since I use the same connection for my phone and intenet could my router be getting confused? I sure hope someone has a solution cuz this is driving me crazy. This happens a few times everyday, but not everytime. WIERD.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I'm assuming since you have this router that you are using game fuel, do you have both games and VOIP on game fuel or are you using special applications for VOIP? You may be getting this problem due to a conflict in the router over what to give priority to. I can't remember but I think there is a way to give priority to one or the other.

I used to have that random restart bug with an older lower model of wireless router as well and it drove me buggy. Nothing their support could do helped and I ended up exchanging it for the 4300 and haven't had a problem since but I don't use VOIP.

hellrazor

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004
This has been a problem for awhile. I don't really use VoIP at all. As a matter of fact I just got Ventrillo 3 days ago. The phone is still connected to the phone outlet and through a seperate modem. But it never fails, when I am doing something importatant on a game someone will call and disconnect me. I also had the restart problem with a previous model from D-link. But it did it when ever, not when someone called. I want to call the cable company but they won't know whats going on. I wish I knew more about this sort of thing.