iPhone 5 Supply Issues May Hurt Apple's Quarterly Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

game junky

Distinguished
Sure it will...sure it will. Apple is a money making juggernaut, I don't think anyone is going to cry over their profit margin or sales figures.

Wish they had tiered brands like BR/Gap/Old Navy so I could get their good looking gadgets for a little less money. I can't believe how much I have given them over the years for iPods and iPhones. It's a little on the depressing side

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom]Has nothing to do with Samsung. It's all Foxxconn.[/citation]
Might want to read the article first.
"Apple's inability to keep up with demand is being amplified by its aggressive global launch schedule and the company reducing its exposure to its traditional partner, Samsung," William Blair analyst Anil Doradla stated.
Foxconn is the key problem, but it's being exacerbated by Apple's decision to move away from Samsung.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]game junky[/nom]Sure it will...sure it will. Apple is a money making juggernaut, I don't think anyone is going to cry over their profit margin or sales figures.Wish they had tiered brands like BR/Gap/Old Navy so I could get their good looking gadgets for a little less money. I can't believe how much I have given them over the years for iPods and iPhones. It's a little on the depressing side[/citation]
Simple solution, stop buying overpriced products. Android phones aren't the inferior monstrosities fanboys would have you believe.

You have a choice, exercise it if you aren't happy.

ivanto

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Aww did they lost supply when Foxconn was busted abusing underage workers, what a pitty /end sarcasm.[/citation]

Side by side price comparison here in Canada -
Carrier Rogers -
URL - http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal

Phone: Samsung GS3 vs iPhone 5
Price 3y contract : $159.99 vs $179.00
Subsidy: $440 vs $520

$20 dollar difference us not "overpriced".
iPhone subsidized by extra $80.
Numbers say that Samsung Galaxy S3 is overpriced.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]Simple solution, stop buying overpriced products. Android phones aren't the inferior monstrosities fanboys would have you believe.You have a choice, exercise it if you aren't happy.[/citation]

They can be pretty inferior, is the problem.

And his post was more of a comment. He has a choice and he's made it, clearly.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Between the workers strike and the underage workers scandal (both denied first, then acknowledged) I would say they might have a problem...What's next? Underage workers strike?[/citation]

Why dont you ask Foxconn? It's their workers.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ivanto[/nom]Side by side price comparison here in Canada -Carrier Rogers - URL - http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wir [...] ype=normalPhone: Samsung GS3 vs iPhone 5 Price 3y contract : $159.99 vs $179.00 Subsidy: $440 vs $520 $20 dollar difference us not "overpriced".iPhone subsidized by extra $80. Numbers say that Samsung Galaxy S3 is overpriced.[/citation]
Prices practiced by carriers have nothing to do with the price practiced by the phone maker. If you want to compare prices then you have to take a look at the prices of sim unlocked phones.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom]Has nothing to do with Samsung. It's all Foxxconn.[/citation]
Foxconn only assemble, they do not produce the parts, as they moved away from reliable high volume suppliers they have cut their noses off to spite their face
Without the parts from Samsung (and others) the alternate vendors simply cannot keep up with demand and Apple sales suffer as a result, Apple is finally starting to realise that they aren't the only game in town and you need to work with your suppliers not against them - and if they post lower sales figures than expected it will hit share price as a result
This could cost Apple more than the billion dollars they want from Samsung, should have just played nicely instead of being Nazis

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Nazis[/citation]

Seems a bit excessive to compare them to Nazis...I would just say they are arrogant...I do agree with you but Nazi wouldn't have been my chosen word :p

OT: This is wonderful news! Hopefully Apple just blames it on Foxconn and just moves away from them!

I am predicting Apple will be in a loss by 2014 and be bankrupt by 2016! Then Samsung buys them out :p

nieur

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
I don't understand how the market capital of company of which has most of their profit from very few products(on top of that they are consumer products) is over $600 billion.
I mean let us say as the craze about iphone/ipad goes down(which is very much possible) in few years
their profit will drastically come down followed by reduction in share value. Then people who have bought the shares dreaming about that '$1000' price per share how much loss they will be in

so my question is why is the share price/market value of Apple is so high considering above threats?

(Correct me if I am wrong)

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]nieur[/nom]I don't understand how the market capital of company of which has most of their profit from very few products(on top of that they are consumer products) is over $600 billion.I mean let us say as the craze about iphone/ipad goes down(which is very much possible) in few years their profit will drastically come down followed by reduction in share value. Then people who have bought the shares dreaming about that '$1000' price per share how much loss they will be inso my question is why is the share price/market value of Apple is so high considering above threats?(Correct me if I am wrong)[/citation]

I think apple's next record that will reach front pages everywhere will be the drop in share value, its today a company with tons of 'air' value since the future is not that certain but as long as people keep investing in the company shares the value rises and more invest since the trend point upwards. When the trend then will start move downward people will realise how overvalued the stock have been and panic sell, it will be a share value drop of epic proportions once the bubble start to burst!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS