dengis

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Hey all, I wondered if anyone had tried building a system around the Pentium D 805 for gaming as Tom's suggests you can based on this new article -- http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_cores/

Any real life experiences out there? If so, what combination of mobo, memory, power supply and cooling did you use? How fast is your system running?

I've been looking for a budget build for a strong gaming computer and wonder if this is a viable solution.

Thanks for the feedback.

The_Rev

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
Sorry, I don't have any personal experience, but after reading that article, I hope to obtain some soon! There are a couple personal testimonials in the thread that is discussing that article (I think it's in the Memory section for some odd reason...) We have reports of 3.8GHz on air... seems consistent with the article...

dmdallas

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
I've set up five for a server platform for my website and some video games, it is an incredably stable, cheap, nice chip. I've had no issues with it running any games I have set up on this server and would reccomend this chip aliny with some midrange video cards like nvidia 7600-7900gt series or the 1800 series and should run any current game on high settings.