GForce 6200 Card

Charley

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

Hi,
Could I get some opinnions on the GeForce OC 256MB DDR AGP Graphics Card,
both Pro and Con.
I am thinking of getting one if it will help Flight Sims.
Thank You

Please remove the question marks ??? if replying by e-mail.

Charley

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

I forgot to mention that I am running a ATI 9800 Pro right now.
Thanks

"charley" <dick43766@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Could I get some opinnions on the GeForce OC 256MB DDR AGP Graphics Card,
> both Pro and Con.
> I am thinking of getting one if it will help Flight Sims.
> Thank You
>
> Please remove the question marks ??? if replying by e-mail.

Other people in the group have said they were junk, I have a 5200 and just
bought fs9. After getting all the latest and greatest drivers, it smokes as
far as I can tell. I'm not a gamer, I can say it looks good for me. If your
a gamer or want to be, you might want to get a better one.
david

"charley" <dick43766@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Could I get some opinnions on the GeForce OC 256MB DDR AGP Graphics Card,
> both Pro and Con.
> I am thinking of getting one if it will help Flight Sims.
> Thank You
>
> Please remove the question marks ??? if replying by e-mail.

I dont know a lot about graphics cards but the manufacturers seem to have
the lower end cards referenced in the low '1000s' i.e. 5200, 6200 and better
ones would be 5600, 6600 etc. The real key to gpu ability is the clock/core
speeds and AGPx. I would imagine your 9800 pro would run quicker as I have
1 of them which I upgraded from a FX5200 card and couldnt believe the
difference on gameplay and graphic quality.