Sign in with
Your question

Occasional BsoD

Last response: in Windows 7
November 9, 2009 6:53:56 AM

Hey guys I've been getting a BsoD lately , it looks like this.

Sorry its so big.

More about : occasional bsod

Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 9, 2009 7:08:43 AM

run a memtest for a few passes as a start
m
l
November 9, 2009 7:16:12 AM

I already ran memtest twice on each stick separate and again twice on all 4 at once.

They all passed. with 1000+% (Its what happens when you watch TV while waiting. =p)
m
l
Related resources
November 9, 2009 3:44:29 PM

Did you get many Bsod's or only one?

I had a very similar problem with my overclocked system yestarday... After 3 stable months (overclocked) bsod... that really pisses of.

Could you tell me where you downloaded memtest or which version exactly I always used prime 95 blend test but maybe this is my problem.
m
l
November 9, 2009 4:22:24 PM

Memtest86+ Not sure what version, its only about a month old , I put it on a disc to boot from.

And no , I get this BsoD about once or twice every other week , along with another BsoD I haven't had the chance to record yet , but this is the most frequent.
m
l
November 9, 2009 4:37:51 PM

What ram du you have? Have you tried Downclocking you ram? Decreasing the ram speed or relax ram timings should actually help.

I have to tell you that I'm not a expert when it comes to ram problems, so just try it out and if it doesn't help you ask the people that know more

Hmmm I also had a bootable memtest86+ cd but it always crashed emediately (with nothing overlocked after 3 seconds) but i did never have any stability probs... I will try to reinstall..........

m
l
November 9, 2009 5:21:24 PM

Tell us about your power supply.
It may just be a software glitch.
Try loading a Linux LiveCD, when it happens.

m
l
November 10, 2009 1:21:17 AM

My power supply is a 750 watt. Corsair.

RAM is V1.1 of Corsairs Dominators. DDR2 800Mhz. I cant downclock or upclock it without my computer being unable to boot ever since I updated my BIOS , I tried going back to my old BIOS but ASUS coding wont let me do that.
m
l
!