Best way to disable Cool and Quiet????

ivoryjohn

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2001
I don't have another way for you, but you might check the forums at RightMark. They have a CPURightMark program that provides Cool&Quiet functionality (improved of course) and I imagine if there is another way to disable C&Q they would know it.

feedbrian

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
If you run Windows, go into Power Options under the Control Panel and set the power scheme to "Home/Office Desk". I also own an X2 4400, and I can say with certainty that this will turn off Cool'n'Quiet.

G

is there any other?

Right on the left side of the chip, if you look closely, there's a small toggle switch: CnQ On:Off. You may need an eye loop to see it, but that's the surefire best method.

A Prescott with a 60mm cooling fan will disable both Cool and Quiet! :D

roflcopter.gif

zebrab

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
you can use crystal cpu id.
under multiplier management you can change the multiplier to anything you wish thus disabling cool n quiet.
Need to check the appropriate voltages though! ;)

renegeek

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
Or, you could find the yellow wire on the fan, "that would be the Controler wire" "AKA RPM meter" and snip it, and then the fan will always be on full blast... (but this would be the last choice...) because , if you do that, and you want the option back, either you would have to solder the wire back on, or replace the fan...

hope this helps...

eloverton2

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
I know this is an older thread, but in windows you can override cnq by going to screen saver settings, change power settings (select 'high performance'), then click change advanced power settings, go down to processor power management and set minimum processor state to 100%. your processor will then run max frequency all the time.