D-Link DVG-1402 VoIP Router

Hi,

I just got the D-Link DVG-1402S VoIP router and am wondering if this device
can be used with the Free World Dialup services. Also, I would like to know
if anyone has known the user/password to access the Advanced menu under the
router webpage setup? The quick installation as well as the manual don't
ever mention the default factory username/password for this "Advanced"
feature.

Thanks.

Bought one on the web and got the same problem. The product
description is very ambiguous on D-Link website : "works with an
appropriate Internet phone service plan" and "with the included free
trial from Lingo™"". It seems that the product is locked for Lingo
(There is also an ATT version but it is clealy sold as an ATT
version). So I am going to return it and stay away from D-Link for a
while.

This a pretty stupid marketing trick. Wouldn't you think that they had
figured out that early adopters who want to breakfree of their phone
company would not want to tie themselves up to another provider !

In the mean time, try a softphone they work quite nicely.