WINDOWS WILL NOT SHUTDOWN

I cannot get my pc to shutdown and have to turn off via
the on/off switch. I have looked through the advice on
support and help screens and followed all possible steps
to resolve this problem but nothing works. HELP!!!

Have you checked Jim Eshelman's site on this issue?
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp