screen saver

My screen saver stopped working. I have windows xp with service pack 2
installed. I go to control panel and I can see the preview, but nothing
shows on the desktop. Could it be the video card?

Thanks,
Mark
1 answer Last reply
More about screen saver

    "Mark" <markl128@comcast.net> wrote:

    >My screen saver stopped working. I have windows xp with service pack 2
    >installed. I go to control panel and I can see the preview, but nothing
    >shows on the desktop. Could it be the video card?

    Check your startup settings to find out if software running in the
    background is causing this. Applications that start with Windows can
    be found here:
    - the WIN.INI, section [windows], entries "run=" and "load="
    - the Registry keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    - the folders
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    See also "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
    XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
    Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).

    --
    (tm)