deathc4

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I have the A8N32-D, it has 2 built in ethernet ports:
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller (refered to #1 from now on) and
Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller(refered to as #2 from now on)

Now, heres the problem. If I have the Cat5 cable still plug into the same port after reboot my net will be unbearable slow. If I hook it into the other one its back to normal. If I didnt make that clear let me give you an example:

Cable is plugged into port #1. I boot up. Internet is slow as a snail. So I switch to port #2, internet back to normal. Now heres the odd part. I shutdown/reboot, internet is back to being slow, so I switch back to port #1, its fast again. What the hell is going on?

I have a 3(4?) year old switch I use to connect me older computer and this computer (the one with the problem) to my DSL modem. The switch is an Linksys 5 Port Workgroup switch, heres the model # if you are at all interested: EZXS55W. Also I cant get file sharing to work, but thats a thread for another time.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Just a wag, but set the link speed on the PC (either LAN port - or both) to 100mbit full duplex from Auto. Maybe the old router doesn't autonegotiate properly with the PC... Like I said, just a guess.

Mike.

topgunw

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
I don't know what your problem is. But I might have a possible solution if the last persons post did not work. Why not try to connect a Cat5e cable from each of the ethernet ports to your switch? It will give you twice as fast LAN if it doesnt accomplish anything else. ^-^ I have the same board and that is what I plan to do regardless.

topgunw

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Yeah...If you get rich or anything you can do it that way to get two IP addresses and exceptionally fast internet, but of course you would then have to pay for 2 IP's and that means 2ce as much cost for your internet bill :p..., but yeah... tell me if that works out so I know if it will work for my board if I run into the same problem as you. :p

topgunw