Sign in with
Your question

noob question about sempron 2200

Last response: in Overclocking
May 12, 2006 1:44:08 AM

I've been tinkering around with my system and looking real hard at my sempron 2200 with every program I can find to tell me what kind it is and what it is cappable of "not much from my understanding". cpuz tells me that its a sempron thoroughbred core rev. BO I already know that my motherboard is on the low end (ECS 741gx-m).
Some of the posts that I have read can be kinda vauge if I can over clock it or not, and thats if I can find a new motherboard that my socket A will work on... otherwise it's upgrade time once again sigh...

Any help would be great.....

Just when you think your computer is able to play the latest games and run the latest programs on the market you find out you got shafted by the computer store sellling that it's to good of a deal to pass up computer and you fall for it. In the words of Hommer Simpson "DOH!! Stupid cheap computer!!!!" :D 
May 14, 2006 11:21:03 AM

Quote:
I've been tinkering around with my system and looking real hard at my sempron 2200 with every program I can find to tell me what kind it is and what it is cappable of "not much from my understanding". cpuz tells me that its a sempron thoroughbred core rev. BO I already know that my motherboard is on the low end (ECS 741gx-m).
Some of the posts that I have read can be kinda vauge if I can over clock it or not, and thats if I can find a new motherboard that my socket A will work on... otherwise it's upgrade time once again sigh...

Any help would be great.....

the sad news is that sempron's are not great, they can be overclocked, but is it worth it? Probably not....

you should start pricing up a new computer, my advise with doing that is wait until the new processors are out.
May 14, 2006 12:21:51 PM

My Sempron 2200 plays CoD2...that's the best game it plays. It's not totally terrible, and is a super cheap kickass internet/MS Word PC chip.
Related resources
May 15, 2006 10:32:14 AM

I am not sure about the clock of that Sempron, but I know for sure that its FSB should be 333MHz(166 DDR). So, with little CPU voltage increase you can reach 400MHz(200 DDR) FSB, 20% ovreclocking your CPU. Off course, your motherboard should support FSB400(or maybe option to overclock the FSB333 K7). You will need apropriate DDR-400 for this also.
Post the hardware details about your mainboard(chipsets, supported FSB, supported CPU voltage and etc.), RAM(brand, clock, latencies) and CPU(freq, FSB, voltage).
May 15, 2006 4:23:12 PM

Sometimes my computer actually surprises me, like it actually running doom 3 at 10fps or above. All things considered this is what I have done.

Changed the cpu multiplyer from 5:4 to 5:6 which caused a system crash.
Tried changing the dram clock from 166 to 167 which caused the system to crash.
The bad thing is thoese are the only 2 settings I can change on this mother board in reguards to the cpu or memory settings.
So I don't know what to do now with this thing...any ideas?

Choices...Choices....
buy new motherboard.....wife throws fit....maybe on couch for the night...

buy a new motherboard,cpu,memory,pci express video card that I want and gut the old system....wife throws big fit.....screeming insues... and I'll be lucky to escape with (manhood intact) and life.....

"Hey when your wife dons full armor goes out on the field of battle and beats the crap out of guys with a rotan sword for fun my house can get real fun sometimes". LOL
May 15, 2006 4:55:41 PM

Quote:
My Sempron 2200 plays CoD2...that's the best game it plays. It's not totally terrible, and is a super cheap kickass internet/MS Word PC chip.
Dude i love my 2200 it can play cod2 well bf2 okay but it can also play fear(demo) at 30 fps average. I love my sempry even though it's socket A it still kicks ass owns my freinds prescott at 2.8 ghz in cod2 by 2-3 fps.
!