Graphics Card Buyers Guide 2006, Part II

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/12/graphics_card_buyers_guide_2006/page44.html
Great job, you managed to kiss ATIs butt very well . . .
5 answers Last reply
More about graphics card buyers guide 2006 part
  1. Quote:
    The guide is split into three installments covering nine cards each.

Maybe next installment will have more Nvidia cards.

Quote:
    Products based on ATI's graphics chips were painfully underrepresented in our last buyer's guide, which was due in large part to their very limited availability. Luckily, this situation has improved; there is arguably even an oversupply of ATI-based graphics cards available in stores.
    Part 1

There looks to be a few Nvidia cards to come.
  2. Ah, so 'comparring' a 6800GS + a 7800GS to a x1900xtx + a x1800 is the 'thing' to do now ? Come on, seriously, lets do a more rounded 'comparrison' . . .

Anyone with half a brain, and watches hardware already knows the ATI x1900 series is the top dog. What I'm saying is that a roundup as such, will only serve to misinform people who arent as tech savy. Also why werent the other benchmarks where the nVidia cards prevailed mentioned ?

Its my belief that AoE3 SHOULD be taken out of the equation for a 'pure benchmark analysis' anyhow, I mean come on . . .a x850xPE outperforming a 7900GTX ? If this isnt a hardware biased game, then I do not know what is . . .
  3. Question

Why exacty do ALL the cards preform better with AAx2 and AF on?
  4. Quote:
    Question

Why exacty do ALL the cards preform better with AAx2 and AF on?

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed... what gives?
  5. It says "no SoftShadows" in the AA2x AF4x screenie, so I assume the first screenie is with softshadows enabled, which would make it much slower.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Buyer's Guides Overclocking