Sign in with
Your question

Graphics Card Buyers Guide 2006, Part II

Last response: in Overclocking
May 12, 2006 6:48:17 AM

Quote:
The guide is split into three installments covering nine cards each.

Maybe next installment will have more Nvidia cards.

Quote:
Products based on ATI's graphics chips were painfully underrepresented in our last buyer's guide, which was due in large part to their very limited availability. Luckily, this situation has improved; there is arguably even an oversupply of ATI-based graphics cards available in stores.
Part 1

There looks to be a few Nvidia cards to come.
May 12, 2006 9:40:19 AM

Ah, so 'comparring' a 6800GS + a 7800GS to a x1900xtx + a x1800 is the 'thing' to do now ? Come on, seriously, lets do a more rounded 'comparrison' . . .

Anyone with half a brain, and watches hardware already knows the ATI x1900 series is the top dog. What I'm saying is that a roundup as such, will only serve to misinform people who arent as tech savy. Also why werent the other benchmarks where the nVidia cards prevailed mentioned ?

Its my belief that AoE3 SHOULD be taken out of the equation for a 'pure benchmark analysis' anyhow, I mean come on . . .a x850xPE outperforming a 7900GTX ? If this isnt a hardware biased game, then I do not know what is . . .
Related resources
May 13, 2006 12:32:36 AM

Quote:
Question

Why exacty do ALL the cards preform better with AAx2 and AF on?

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed... what gives?
May 13, 2006 1:14:00 AM

It says "no SoftShadows" in the AA2x AF4x screenie, so I assume the first screenie is with softshadows enabled, which would make it much slower.
!