Downloading Quicken files

Having problems downloading Quicken QIF files from my
bank's website. No prob with 95/98. But with XP it
wants to open the file with Quicken. I want to save
the .QIF file to the hard disk and then IMPORT it into
quicken. When I disabled the "file association", the
file goes into never never land.

Help!
4 answers Last reply
More about downloading quicken files

    Hi, Nadm.

    Rather than this Windows XP newsgroup, you might want to see if your ISP's
    news server supports Usenet newsgroups. If it does, subscribe to the
    peer-to-peer users group at alt.comp.software.financial.quicken. This is a
    fairly active newsgroup that includes several users who are quite expert at
    downloading QIF and other types of files into Quicken.

    In fact, QIF has been a frequent topic there recently. I don't use it, but
    I understand that Quicken 2005 is the last version that will handle QIF.

    If your ISP does not offer a news server, or if it doesn't carry the Quicken
    NG, just Google for "free +news + server" and you should find lots of
    resources available.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "R. C. White" <RCWhite@msn.com> wrote in

    > In fact, QIF has been a frequent topic there recently. I don't
    > use it, but I understand that Quicken 2005 is the last version
    > that will handle QIF.

    I think that's Quicken 2004 that's the last that *will* and Quicken
    2005 as the first that *will not* import .qif files?

    Hi, XS11E.

    Thanks for correcting that.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    > Hi, XS11E.
    >
    > Thanks for correcting that.

    You're welcome, I think I read something about that just the other day.

    For those who need to import .qif files, Quicken 2004 is very much
    available at *very* reduced prices.

    One source:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000A9AIT/104-2566105-6938355

    I suspect ebay would be another?