blocked pages

Why will a page not open up and shows the box with green,
blue, red symbols in it? It is a page connection from a
web site.

Hi, Jeanie.

In addition to any other possible causes, if you have installed SP2, there
is a new security feature which might be easily overlooked - the Information
Bar.

At the very top of the web page, just below your Address Bar, there may be a
narrow bar running across the screen. It might say something like, "Pop-up
blocked. To see this pop-up or additional options, click here..." Click
the bar, then choose Information Bar Help for a further description of how
SP2 blocks pop-ups, ads and other possibly harmful or annoying features on
web pages.

Many users - especially newbies - blindly follow links and end up with much
more than they bargained for, such as spyware, malware, pop-up ads, and even
viruses. This Information Bar helps to slow us down and give us time to
think about what we are about to invite onto our computers. If you are an
experienced web surfer who "practices safe hex", you might want to turn off
some of these protections; that Help screen tells you how to do that.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX