Windows won't open

September 17, 2004 12:00:33 AM

I have windows xp home edition. I've used it for a year
with no password. All of a sudden it asks me for a
password to open windows. I hit enter and get a message
that the local policy does not allow access.
I have tried to log in as the admistrator through safe
mode and still get the same message. I can't figure out
how to get into my own laptop.

I installed the new security pack about a week ago, but it
was fine until 2 days ago. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. I only know the basics. Thanks!

More about : windows open

Anonymous
September 18, 2004 12:50:50 AM

"T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have windows xp home edition. I've used it for a year
>with no password. All of a sudden it asks me for a
>password to open windows. I hit enter and get a message
>that the local policy does not allow access.
>I have tried to log in as the admistrator through safe
>mode and still get the same message. I can't figure out
>how to get into my own laptop.

See "How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
Password Expires" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321305).

--
(tm)
!