Windows won't open

I have windows xp home edition. I've used it for a year
with no password. All of a sudden it asks me for a
password to open windows. I hit enter and get a message
that the local policy does not allow access.
I have tried to log in as the admistrator through safe
mode and still get the same message. I can't figure out
how to get into my own laptop.

I installed the new security pack about a week ago, but it
was fine until 2 days ago. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. I only know the basics. Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows open

    "T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have windows xp home edition. I've used it for a year
    >with no password. All of a sudden it asks me for a
    >password to open windows. I hit enter and get a message
    >that the local policy does not allow access.
    >I have tried to log in as the admistrator through safe
    >mode and still get the same message. I can't figure out
    >how to get into my own laptop.

    See "How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    Password Expires" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321305).

    --
    (tm)

Windows XP