Viewsonic VX 922 - single red pixel

DuffDawg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I just purchased a 19" Viewsonic VX 922 LCD monitor and am for the most part highly impressed with it. However, there's one single RED pixel in the middle-right area of the screen. I don't know too much about these things as I've been a die-hard CRT fan for years, does anyone know what this is or anyway to cure it?

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Its a "stuck" pixel. When they make LCDs, they're not 100% perfect everytime. Sometimes you get "stuck" or "dead" pixels. Stuck pixels are what you're seeing - one of the RBG is stuck on "on". Dead pixels are pixels that are black - harder to see.

If it realllly bugs you, you can try to return/exchange it or ask Viewsonic to replace it. (I'm not sure what Viewsonic's dead pixel policy is right now). It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and store to store.

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
I guarantee they won't help you with one bad pixel. Usually you have to have about 7 or more bad pixels before they consider it defective. Or if you have 3 or 4 pixels in a group maybe, but not just one.

sailer

Splendid
If you got it from Newegg, contact them first. They're usually pretty good about returns, giving a period of time when you can return it with no hatle at all. They want satisfied customers, who will come back to buy more stuff later.

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
My reply was concerning Viewsonic. But Sailer is right about Newegg. Last time I bought from them they had a 30 day return policy. You might not want to tell them the ONLY problem you have is 1 dead pixel though. You may just say the picture looks a little blurry to you or something to that affect.

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
That would probably work too. I have one stuck green pixel on my monitor/TV. It was one of the first things I noticed, but now after about 6 months of use I don't even realize it is there. Even if you do get the monitor returned and get a new one, there is no guarentee you will get one with no problems as I believe it is fairly common to have 1 or 2 dead or fixed pixels. There are some monitors out there that have a NO dead pixel policy though.