  • Windows Explorer
  • Screen Size
  • Windows XP
September 17, 2004 3:11:41 AM

I just upgraded from a 15 to a 19 inch monitor. Now, whenever I open
Windows Explorer, the display only occupies a portion of the screen. I can
drag it to full screen, and click Tools | Folder Options | View | Apply to
all folders, but the next time I open Explorer, the partial screen is back.
Is there a trick I missed?

--
PT

More about : windows explorer screen size

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 11:27:23 AM

Hi

Try dragging the window to the size you want it, then closing that window
via File>Close/Exit.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"PT" <xyz@xyz.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded from a 15 to a 19 inch monitor. Now, whenever I open
> Windows Explorer, the display only occupies a portion of the screen. I
> can
> drag it to full screen, and click Tools | Folder Options | View | Apply to
> all folders, but the next time I open Explorer, the partial screen is
> back.
> Is there a trick I missed?
>
> --
> PT

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 11:44:12 PM

"PT" <xyz@xyz.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded from a 15 to a 19 inch monitor. Now, whenever I open
> Windows Explorer, the display only occupies a portion of the screen. I
can
> drag it to full screen, and click Tools | Folder Options | View | Apply to
> all folders, but the next time I open Explorer, the partial screen is
back.
> Is there a trick I missed?
>
> --
> PT

Open Windows Explorer. Drag window corners to screen corners. Close by
holding ctrl and Shift keys down at same time while clicking on the X in
upper-right corner. I have found that using the menu brought down with a
click on the icon in the title bar does not hold the new size; this may be a
quirk in my system.

Malv
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 11:46:23 PM

The folder first opened is the folder's window size that is used for subsequent folders. You must save the window size in that folder.

War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html

!