pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Zalman 7000b-Cu LED vs Scythe Katana Cu

which is betteR?

also i kno this is in the wrong section but the colers and heatsink section takes like 10 days to get 1 reply. and i need a reply fast since i will be ordering tomorow

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
eeeeeuuuuuu, thats a close one, but my verdict is solid, ZALMAN, why>>??
Pure copper with composite heat transfer coating of some sort,
The schythe is a great one too, its just barley 1*c warmer than the zalman :D
My info was found at february's issue of GHT'z magazine :twisted:

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I would go for the Scythe Katana becuase it dessipates the heat towards the back of the case which can be easily vented out through the back exhaust fan, thus helps cooling the inside of the case.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
both of u make very good sense, im getting a gigabyte poseidon the majority of the side panel area is mesh. so the katana may have the advantage, its also 10 bucks cheaper.

more thoughts, facts and opinions would be appreciated

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Mesh, eehhhh, a great choice as well, although I am not quite sure how the design is, and if its pure copper or aluminum, the fan size , and if it is actually worth it, A link to your heatsink would be helpful.
You mentioned mesh>>??
As in a honeycomb structure?? I now RAM that uses this unique architecture, It cools passivly with minimum air flow.
But other than that, you want a heatsink that either PURE COPPER, or aluminum but large in diameter, the more surface it covers, the cooler it can get. Also be shure to check on heatpipe architecture, those tend to cool nicley with minimum fan cooling, hence runs cool and quiet.
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/04/25/six_coolers_for_amd_processors/page18.html
This link is to the best air heatsink there is today. Great style, not to mention the unique air tunnel architecture, a true KICK ASS PRODUCT :!:
:twisted: