Notebook Hang when right-click mouse on drive icon in My C..

I experience some unexplain situation with my newly
purchased Acer Aspire 2010 notebook which loaded with
Window XP Home, the notebook will hang when I right-click
my mouse over any of the drives (i.e. I have partition
the hard disk into C & D drives, and the built in combo-
drive) fromMy Computer.

There is no problem for me to right-click my mouse
over other files folders and/or programs in any other
place.I do not have any other problem except the above.

Note: I did not up-date SP2.

Can any one advise what could be wrong!

Hi, KC.

HOW did you partition your HD? By backup/repartition/reformat/restore? Or
by using Partition Magic or another third-party utility? What does Disk
Management say about your drives? And what is "the built in combo-drive"?

I've never had an Acer or a notebook, so I probably can't help, but it seems
that anyone who could help might need to know this.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"KC Yee" <KC Yee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I experience some unexplain situation with my newly
> purchased Acer Aspire 2010 notebook which loaded with
> Window XP Home, the notebook will hang when I right-click
> my mouse over any of the drives (i.e. I have partition
> the hard disk into C & D drives, and the built in combo-
> drive) fromMy Computer.
>
> There is no problem for me to right-click my mouse
> over other files folders and/or programs in any other
> place.I do not have any other problem except the above.
>
> Note: I did not up-date SP2.
>
> Can any one advise what could be wrong!

Dear R. C. White,

I got my notebook preloaded with XP Home and already came partitioned into
both C:(27.3 GB) & D:(9.75 GB) drives and a tiny F:(93.9 MB for DOS) drive,
the notebook also came with a built-in E:DVD/CD-RW combo-drive.

I believed the distributor had use a standard partition feature in XP to
carry out the partition.

I did go into the Disk Management to check and the status of all drives are
Healthy and no other abnormality.

Regards