Account Names

In my WinXpProSP2 I need 1 account (mine), but there are
5. For example, there's an account called "User" (admin)
that doesn't appear in Control/System/User Accounts, but
does appear in My Computer.

Can I delete or rename this account? How? Will the
registry recognise/deal-with the rename?

What about the "Administrator", "All Users", and "Default
User" accounts? Can I delete or rename any of these? How?
Will the registry cope?

Thanks for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about account names

    "Julia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In my WinXpProSP2 I need 1 account (mine), but there are
    >
    > What about the "Administrator", "All Users", and "Default
    > User" accounts? Can I delete or rename any of these? How?
    > Will the registry cope?

    You can't delete "Administrator" and do NOT be tempted to delete or rename
    "Al Users" and "Default user" accounts. These are system-created accounts
    and are necessary for running Windows. Especially, the account called
    "Administrator" is your lifeline into the system when a User account goes
    belly-up.

Registry User Accounts Windows XP