Account Names

In my WinXpProSP2 I need 1 account (mine), but there are
5. For example, there's an account called "User" (admin)
that doesn't appear in Control/System/User Accounts, but
does appear in My Computer.

Can I delete or rename this account? How? Will the
registry recognise/deal-with the rename?

What about the "Administrator", "All Users", and "Default
User" accounts? Can I delete or rename any of these? How?
Will the registry cope?

Thanks for any help.

Gordon

"Julia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my WinXpProSP2 I need 1 account (mine), but there are
>
> What about the "Administrator", "All Users", and "Default
> User" accounts? Can I delete or rename any of these? How?
> Will the registry cope?

You can't delete "Administrator" and do NOT be tempted to delete or rename
"Al Users" and "Default user" accounts. These are system-created accounts
and are necessary for running Windows. Especially, the account called
"Administrator" is your lifeline into the system when a User account goes
belly-up.