Pentium D9** price drops, quick question!

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
I saw a table a while ago about the price drops that intel are introducing into their 9** range and was wondering if anyone could link me to it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Quantum Sheep

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
That's because of the coming of the new architecture, Conroe. Yep, even the lower end of Conroe would bet the predessesors price for price. So they are trying to get rid of the older stock, for more likely less people would be buying the older architecture when the Core chips comes out.

netspiderz-net

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
That's completely right!

Hey guys! If you can get me one of those D950 for free I'll appreciate. :lol: (before someone will throw it away)!

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Yes you can pick up a 950 chip for $480 Aus dollars. That is kinda cheap considering its one of the most powerful chips you can get from intel at the moment. (will not beat the best AMD chips atm tho)

Yes intel can pump out more chips than AMD, The intel factory in Malaysia makes AMD factory look like a dwarf midiget etc etc.

Some people say the 9xx series of chips were just "practice" for the conroe 65nm technology (conroe is 65nm). 8xx series of chips based on 90nm technology is no longer in production. Single core chips are also being phased out.

Its not a bad time to get the 950 chip if you want a new PC NOW. If you wait a bit (2-4 months) the conroe come out. I expect it to come out a fairyl steep price becase its a totally new chip from the ground up and R&D costs would have to be recouped somehow.

sex_monkey

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
ive noticed the 930D hovering around £140 which seems a fairly good price,i looked at a couple of reviews seems they overclock nicely to around 4ghz region. seems like the intel chips are good value for money for overclockers or power users but im not so sure how good they are for gaming.anyway im not getting a dual core untill games come out that support multi threading then the performance increase will be worth it for gaming.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
ive noticed the 930D hovering around £140 which seems a fairly good price,i looked at a couple of reviews seems they overclock nicely to around 4ghz region. seems like the intel chips are good value for money for overclockers or power users but im not so sure how good they are for gaming.anyway im not getting a dual core untill games come out that support multi threading then the performance increase will be worth it for gaming.
4 GHz(from what i've been reading) is a walk in the park. Guys are getting closer to 4.5 with decent cooling(and we're not talking Phase).

They offer great bang for buck, with hopes of Conroe update later,

possibly. When overclocked north of 4Ghz, it will be a formibable gaming

processor. Isn't gonna beat an FX-60, but doesn't cost a G either. :wink: